Talk

Advanced search

Cockroaches?

(5 Posts)
Sarimillie Fri 16-Oct-09 17:23:35

Not 100% sure but think I just found one the house we just bought. Eeek. Was small, but then maybe London cockroaches run small?
Any bright ideas re what to do next? Am not wild about the idea of spraying stuff around on account of our toddler and preschooler, but OTOH do want to get rid..

mathanxiety Sat 17-Oct-09 03:16:17

Spray. Leave the house for a good while after. If you see one, there are many more. You might like to have an exterminator do it.

YouLukaAmazing Sat 17-Oct-09 16:42:41

Message withdrawn

Sarimillie Sat 17-Oct-09 19:03:28

Thanks both!It is exactly that thing about seeing one, but there being lots, that horrifies me...
I shall try the sticky trap idea and, if that shows that we really have roaches, rather than just heat-seeking beetles smile,call in an exterminator.

skymoo Sat 17-Oct-09 23:34:34

if you had cockroaches, you would most certainly find their droppings as they don't normally travel alone (speaking from experience overseas where they are rife)

i had an infestation and didn't realise it for months...just wondered what the 'bits' were in the cutlery drawer...gross

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now