Talk

Advanced search

Which laundry detergent for child with eczema?

(19 Posts)
SuperBunny Thu 15-Oct-09 19:24:05

I have tried Tesco non-bio liquid but it makes him itch. What else gets stuff clean but is gentle enough to use on DS stuff? Is powder better than liquid?

WaitingForVino Thu 15-Oct-09 19:25:57

Ecover tabs. Super stuff!

QuietlyTTC Thu 15-Oct-09 19:33:58

surcare
or waitrose sensitive

SuperBunny Thu 15-Oct-09 20:03:11

Thanks.

Ecover is so expensive shock although, given the state of DS skin, I'd pay anything atm sad

Will make a list a work my way through it til we find something that works.

ImSoNotTelling Thu 15-Oct-09 20:27:22

I use filetti and put machine on super rinse

nannywithadifferentname Thu 15-Oct-09 22:01:16

i vote surcare

last charge had very severe eczma which disappeared (almost) over night when we switched to surcare (had other wise used waitrose non bio / ecover / fairy)

you dont get a clean washing smell and its not full of colours either

fairydust Sun 18-Oct-09 13:56:01

dd has very sever eczema and we find persil small and mighty non bio works fine on her

bran Sun 18-Oct-09 13:59:18

I use Filetti too. I use powder and I use about half the recommended amount per wash. I also do an extra rinse. It made a big difference to DS's eczema, but every every child is different.

Crazycatlady Sun 18-Oct-09 21:47:29

Filetti users where do you buy it? I was ordering it from Ocado but they seem to have stopped stocking it and can't find it anywhere now!

bran Sun 18-Oct-09 22:03:14

Really? That's where I usually buy from. I'm a bit worried now. I think Waitrose sell it too.

I've just done a search on Ocado and Filetti is coming up. [phew emoticon].

BonjourIvresse Sun 18-Oct-09 22:05:16

Ecover laundry liquid is fab and isn't that expensive if you are careful to measure it out

Ponders Sun 18-Oct-09 22:10:16

Simply Pure washes well & is pretty good for sensitive skin}

If you don't have it in a shop near you you can buy it online & they do special deals if you buy 4 at a time (worth adding dishwasher detergent in smile)

TheCappster Sun 18-Oct-09 22:13:35

ime it depends

dd2 didn't do too well with some quite good brand ones

but with the cheapest, biggest, Big Saver Plus We Have Swept All The Bits On The Floor Into It Own Brand she has been fine smile

Crazycatlady Mon 19-Oct-09 13:23:37

Oh thank goodness Bran! I just stopped searching for it on Ocado as there were a few weeks in a row when the search came back with no products listed, so I assumed they'd stopped carrying it. Brilliant, will ditch the stinky Fairy non-bio and go back to Filetti smile.

Having tried and failed with Ecover many times over the years I don't dare try it again. Just resulted in slightly greying towels and food stains not coming out sad

GrendelsMum Tue 20-Oct-09 15:49:28

Filetti, buying as much as you see whenever you see it! Except that everyone else does this too...

Soap nuts work well on coloured clothes, but they do leave noticeable soap stains on whites.

SuperBunny Wed 21-Oct-09 21:53:45

Right, I shall invest in some Filetti too. It's a good excuse to stop at Waitrose wink

SuperBunny Wed 21-Oct-09 21:54:27

Hadn't thought of soap nuts - do they actually get stuff clean (other than whites)

Squiz Thu 22-Oct-09 10:12:36

Boots sensitive skin washing powder is good and seems to be the only 1 I'm not allergic too, have stopped using fabric conditioner (see no difference) but they do make 1 too. Soap nuts seem to be ok as long as there are no dirty marks on clothes as they don't come off and I ended up using stain remover all the time which kind of goes against using a natural washing product!

Rhian82 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:55:13

Our GP recommended Fairy Non Bio and we've found it to be brilliant. His skin is much better than when we used to use Ecover (which we still use for all our stuff).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now