Talk

Advanced search

Help! "crystals" from disposable nappies................all over the floor

(11 Posts)
alwayslookingforanswers Thu 15-Oct-09 16:04:48

how do I get them up?

I changed DS3's nappy a while ago - wasn't dirty - just very wet. Got a bit lazy and flung it through the kitchen towards the bathroom where the bin is.

I've just discovered that it's "burst" all over the kitchen floor and a 1m square+ area is covered with the stuff.

They're still wet, and I can't sweep them up with dustpan and brush, and I can't hoover them (for obvious reasons).

How on earth do I clear it up?? Have quarry stone tile floor if that makes a difference.........

Seeline Thu 15-Oct-09 16:10:30

Just scoop it up with kitchen paper into a plastic bag and throw in bin. Wash floor afterwards. I had this happen to me several times when DS got older. He never minded a wet nappy, and when he was racing about all over the house I soemtimes forgot how long it was since the last change blush I once found a snail-like trail all over the house where it had fallen out of the bottom of his trouser leg - it was like the Great Escape whne they were digging tunnels!

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 16:10:45

lick them

MamaG Thu 15-Oct-09 16:11:54

roar atlick them

alwayslookingforanswers Thu 15-Oct-09 16:12:28

oh feck of MM - I know you don't like me - not keen on your either (although I did see you post something earlier which I agreed with......just didn't want to admit it on the thread grin).

I've tried the kitchen roll and I can't get the bits out between the tiles.

urghh DH will be home soon as well blush

crokky Thu 15-Oct-09 16:15:59

can you try getting it up with babywipes?

DorotheaPlentighoul Thu 15-Oct-09 16:19:26

Sorry if this is stupid but why can't you hoover them?

alwayslookingforanswers Thu 15-Oct-09 16:21:06

because they're wet and I don't want them stuck and smelling inside my hoover!

have just managed to get them up with bab wipes = phew

Seeline Thu 15-Oct-09 16:21:56

Probably complettely mad and off-the-wall idea but could you use a hair drier? They might get blown out of the cracks, or might dry out enough to brush them out?

DorotheaPlentighoul Thu 15-Oct-09 16:24:06

Ah -- I just asked because this happened to us and we did hoover them blush

But it was fine -- we have a Dyson and they just dumped out no probs. They weren't really wet IIRC, I suppose because they are designed to suck all the moisture into themselves ... but you have sorted it now so no matter.

busybutterfly Thu 15-Oct-09 22:06:18

He he, this reminds me of when DH threw DS's (very) full nappy down the stairs and it exploded at the bottom, crystals everywhere!! grin

He had great fun clearing that up! Still makes me smile when I think of it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now