Need to
shower kids
encourage to dress
put breakfast things in sink

Good morning! Hope Everyone is Feeling Bright and Cheery

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 15-Oct-09 08:48:43

Thanks for the thread swan.

Welcome ChickAndADuck. smile

Just bookmarking. Will come back in a bit.

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 15-Oct-09 09:15:57

Right. Am back.

Done:-
~ unloaded and reloaded d/w
~ dressed
~ played silly devils with dog in garden. Squashed slug accidentally whilst not looking where I was putting my feet [poor slug]

To do:-
~ a load or two of washing
~ wash crockery and ornaments and put on dressers
~ start on a pile of ironing. Dd is hogging the sofa and the tv atm as she is not in school so I've not spent much time in the living room for days - and it shows!

galen Thu 15-Oct-09 10:58:14

Quick hello,,

Hi swan and Simply
busy here today...
usual morning rush, school run, pet shop, soggy dog walk....

Now make DD lunch box, nursery drop off, washing sorting....

not sure what else...

back in a bit! grin

Makingchanges Thu 15-Oct-09 11:34:30

Morning all - Quieter than usual again on here

I love Thursdays!! - Its the first day of the week that I'm not running around like a mad woman today I only have to drop DD off at nursery, go to school for a couple of hours and then pick DD up - Theoretically the rest of the day is mine - Pity things like housework, coursework etc that I've done the rest of the week get in the way and take up the rest of my time but heyho.

Jobs today

Clean out fridge - I think something my be lurking at the back and I asked DH to do it before he left this morning as its bin day and he forgot so I'm going in - Yuk!
Couple of loads of washing to make sure all washing is done for jollies
find suitcases - might be easier said than done
write note to nursery for DD to let then know she won't be there next week
Shopping on way home from school for something for Tea - Just me and DD tonight so may have a treat of some kind
Ironing - I hate ironing

I'm sure i've foregotten something.

Hope you are all well

IWantAChickAndADuck Thu 15-Oct-09 11:55:11

Grrrrr I just typed all this and it dissapeared angry and now I have to leave to get DS1...

I'll do a quick one...

Done:
Up fed and dressed
DS1 to nursery
Me and DS2 to sing and sign (it's an hours walk there and back and today it is raining sad)
Me breakfast

To Do:
Pick up DS1
Lunch
Wash up
Mop kitchen floor
Make beds
Washing to go in machine
Shopping to put us on till Monday and birthday presents (party on Sat so mustn't forget!)
Make dinner, eat dinner
Bath boys, reading time, bed.

Then I will be scoffing my face with chocolate whilst-- watching rubbish tv ironing the pile that has been sat there for 3 weeks grin

IWantAChickAndADuck Thu 15-Oct-09 11:56:23

Christ, just realoised how much I have to do this afternoon, can anyone lend me an hour? I don't think this is possible...

TeaMonster Thu 15-Oct-09 12:07:41

Welcome to our cult chickandaduck

Right I have done the following

Up, dressed, breakfasted, school drop off
cleaned fridge before shopping trip
Took mum shopping
Back and shopping away
just feeding DS2 before preschool

Phew

Forgot Fish and sausages, never mind will use freezer foods instead those nights

To do's (still there from beginning of week)

E-bay listings
Ironing and put away
washing
whats for dinner - pot luck eg fridge leftover night.
start halloween costume for ds2 (he wants to be darth vader)
Relax
bath night for all

Oh I got a free bath novel from Radox - see here all steamed up

scattyspice Thu 15-Oct-09 12:41:36

Hi all.

Welcome chickandduck

Busy day again.
To do:
Buy bread and potatos
collect DC
DC homework
gammon for tea
Tai chi
laundry

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 15-Oct-09 14:16:36

Hello to all. Just a quickie.

Revised done list:-
~ two loads of washing
~ wash crockery and ornaments and put on dressers

To do:-
~ finish polishing shoes and boots
~ start on the ironing
~ walk the dog

wendyhappysmile Thu 15-Oct-09 14:16:50

Hi all
Welcome chick
Had migraine - now very bad headache. Luckily swimming lesson cancelled this week by teacher.
Feeling a bit down. Just time of the month down, though, nothing to whinge about smile so no sympathy!
Missed you all yesterday never got chance.
Speaking in short sentences today!! May BBL perhaps. Off for a short lie down.

wendyhappysmile Thu 15-Oct-09 14:23:38

Oh, just read yesterday's thread - GO have you got iron tablets, they should make you feel less tired, eat lots of broccoli too!#
Tea sorry my parcel made you cry grin - Glad it arrived safely.
Oh, again, DS reading update! Looks like my 'casual mention' to teacher of his easy book boredom thing (inarticulate today, aren't I!) has worked. He has skipped 12 books on the 'Tree' and has the Key Word chart now instead of the tub of words he can already read. He can read the whole chart (Reception words) but at least it's progress. Also the teacher made a point of telling me this morning she'd done it too. DS was pleased and is a bit more enthusiastic about reading his book now he knows his teacher realises he is clever grin!

TeaMonster Thu 15-Oct-09 14:43:18

wendy I mentioned you on the blog hope you dont mind grateful

I have done nothing but drink tea dn pute today blush now to pick up the munchkins

wendyhappysmile Thu 15-Oct-09 14:49:35

No Tea it's lovely to feel I have brightened your day for such minimal effort!
Really MUST go, never did go for a lie down of course!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 15-Oct-09 14:59:30

Hi all,
haven't don't any flying today as in Hospital with DS2, apparently his adenoids and tonsils combined almost totally filled his nasal and oral pharynx
however within 30 mins of his operation he had eaten a huge bowl of rice krispies and is as chirpie as ever.
am trying to get him to rest by getting him to watch a video (stuart little) but am not sure if he is going to sleep.
we are in overnight. will get back into the housework tomorrow smile

grouchyoscar Thu 15-Oct-09 15:01:33

Cheers for the thread Swan and Hello to everyone else

Not a good start to this morning. I wanted to talk to DH about my consultant's appointment yesterday but he didn't want to know, was even quite rude and dismissive about it all sad I ended up sobbing over the porridge and GOjr got a bit clingy. The neuro couldn't answer any of my questions re Boris and could only suggest upping my meds. Oh and seeing if I can get help with the housework etc shock. So I'm feeling pretty terrified by Bozza atm

Before the school drop off DONE list is

Up and meds
Shower and teeth clean
Make the bed
Wake GOjr
Start prridge
Serve breakfast
Empty WM and sort for drying
Empty DW and reload
Put away
Sort out the cat tray and feed the cats
Take wet washing up to hang on clothes horse
Take down drying stuff to TD, load and run
Bags together and out

Attended the school PTA meeting and took minutes, came home Made tray of brownies and a batch of cookies. Grab lunch and go do my reading friends stint.

To Do

Collect GOjr
Make him a snack tea
Make lunchboxes for morning
Get clothes ready for morning
Make GOjr's bed
Out dry washing away
Take GOjr to Beavers
Grocery shopping
Home and bed

Tomorrow it's Think Pink day at the school, so it's a coffee morning frenzy (again)

wendyhappysmile Thu 15-Oct-09 17:14:10

Sorry to hear about your DH's behaviour, GO, did he have his mind on anything else? Don't do too much!!! And did you get iron tabs? You can always buy shock some cakes or whatever! No need to strive for perfection lol - at least not all the time!
Hope DS is ok Greyskull

RubysReturn Thu 15-Oct-09 19:11:51

Hi all,
Poor old Grouch. I think men can try to dismiss in an out of sight out of mind type of way. If they cannot solve a problem, they won't talk about it all. But pants timing, just when you need him to talk.

Been mega busy at work - start of things to come I think. Plus busy with homework hmm.

projects
spelling
history day
times tables
literacy homework
numeracy homework
I don't know how the dc are supposed to do it solo.

Am struggling to get my sitting room nice. I think i'll start a needy thread.
bbl

Starbear Thu 15-Oct-09 19:36:58

Evening all Sorry I haven't keep up with everyone's news.grouchy Sorry to hear about the reaction from your DH. I think it's pretty typical. The only suggestion I can make is get him to do something practical to cheer you up & book some time with a friend. Men are pants at this sort of stuff. I read a headline in Times 2 today re 'men looking after women when they are ill' I didn't have time to read it. I won't hyperlink as it might depress us all! It might not have tips to improve things, it might just repeat the facts we already know! My DH broke his arm two weeks before Ds was born so decided he might as will go back. Had to get my neighbour to pick us up from Hospital!!!hmm

wendyhappysmile Thu 15-Oct-09 19:51:06

Ruby you're so right about the solving problem thing with men.

galen Thu 15-Oct-09 20:20:24

popping by breifly...
greyskull gald ds is doing well...

grouchy boo to DH ...bu totally agree with ruby and wendy My DH gets cross with me when I have a prob he cant solve - most the time all I really want off him is a glimmer of empathy and a hug!

wend glad DS teacher took note of reading needs. DD teacher thanked me today for going to talk to her about DD.... said it was hard to keep track of them all hmm I'm not overly filled with confidence about her TBH but at least she is nice and doesnt mind eing approached....

Wolfcub Thu 15-Oct-09 20:57:19

evening all

had a weird day. Started with ds's key worker discussing having him referred for assessment - have made docs appt. This was v bad start to day as also had to explain his birth, brain scans etc and am bad at this point of year anyway. Cried all way to train station, missed train and second one was delayed so v late for work grrrrr

done
kitchen cleaned
dw unloaded reloaded and on
wet washing hung up
wm unloaded reloaded and on
ds taken to nursery
ds picked up from nursery
went to tescos
vac living room
made ds's bed
read bedtime story

grouchy fairly sure I saw your dh in tesco at the till next to us. Was going to offer him a lift as drove past your house but given what I posted earlier I probably should have offered him a kick in the knees instead. YOu know where I am if you want a vent. Agree with galen ruby and wendy though. DP gets v angry if I am upset or if he's feeling useless and unable to help - totally unhelpful behaviour really

wendy glad "pushy-parenting" has worked

love to all and welcome to chickandduck

Starbear Thu 15-Oct-09 21:40:06

Sorry for my grammer very tired. Well, I'm going to plan tomorrow now and add some nice stuff to do just for me. Hope you can all join me. I'm sure you can even, if it's just a cuppa with a lovely yummy bit of chocolate.
smile

Wolfcub Fri 16-Oct-09 06:39:24

friday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now