Talk

Advanced search

Would black appliances look ok in a white gloss kitchen?

(8 Posts)
selee Wed 14-Oct-09 23:27:26

We are getting a white gloss kitchen and love the look of stainless steel appliances but worry about the cleaning! Would black appliances look ok?
Thanks.

bebesequin Thu 15-Oct-09 16:46:56

Definitly my SIL who is super stylish has white gloss kitchen with black smeg fridge/freezer and black dishwasher- ovens are stainless steel with black trim- looks fine to me - Iused to have black fridge/freezer with an oak kitchen in my last place-It will be fine

TheDevilEatsBabies Thu 15-Oct-09 16:49:24

oooh, yes, it sounds lovely!
grin

you'd have to be more meticulous over cleaning black stuff, though because smears look more obvious.

selee Fri 16-Oct-09 08:34:11

Do you think black would be more high maintainance then? Thanks for the replies.

TheBlairSnitchProject Fri 16-Oct-09 08:39:28

I have an almost white kitchen (imagine the colour of milk. It's not gloss though) and we went for Stainless steel appliances - blooming fingerprints are the bain of my life!!

Black would look fine - monochrome is very stylish at the moment

Lovemyshoes Fri 16-Oct-09 08:47:34

Yes, they would look fab, but, don't have even numbers, ie, fridge, dishwasher, cooker and microwave.

I know this sounds daft, but it always seems more pleasing on the eye when appliances that stand out etc are in odd numbers.

bebesequin Fri 16-Oct-09 21:02:53

The black fridge freezer I had in last place was easier to keep looking good than the poxy stainless steel one I've got now-but that is the problem with kitchens-you have to use them and then you discover the cleaning issues- easier if you have no DCs or pets- I have a cleaner and shes pretty good for inside info on maintainance as she 'does' for a few -warned me against granite etc -never the less I went ahead- she was so rightsad

FritesMenthe Fri 16-Oct-09 21:10:20

Domestic slattern here with a black cooker and a black Bosch dishwasher, in a pale blue kitchen. Both look fine with a quick wipe. I'd say much better bet than stainless steel.

Seeking a black fridge freezer if anyone has recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now