Talk

Advanced search

I could cry

(26 Posts)
akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 11:28:50

I got a lovely dress for a party, pic on profile and have just washed it as per the instructions and the black pattern has made sort of stamp marks on the red bit... I followed the instructions, delicate cycle at 30degrees etc

Is it fixable?

claricebeansmum Wed 14-Oct-09 14:08:02

Can you take it back?

If it is still wet and you can't take it back I would wash it through by hand in cold water.

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 14:21:16

I've rewashed it
rang the shop and they no longer have it so I'll be getting a refund

I love that dress

Lilyloooohhhh Wed 14-Oct-09 14:23:53

What a shame
Love your profile pics , well done smile
Esp the heating one grin

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 15:05:38

Thank you lilylooooohhhhh

I'm really feeling the cold now there's 12stone less insulation round me, lol

jasper Wed 14-Oct-09 15:22:00

ooh you look lovely in your pics!

Disenchanted3 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:23:51

Wow you look gorgeous!!

wheres the dress from??

love you 'heating broke' pic grin

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 15:43:14

aww thank you, the dress is from Evans but they don't have it anymore, had a very sweet chap on the phone today ringing round lots of shops to try and find one but no joy so he said he'll arrange a refund

It was my first ever dress, been too fat for them til now blush

Disenchanted3 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:47:09

Awww crappy.

Least you'll have the money back to search for another.

Is it totally unwearable?

TheDevilEatsBabies Wed 14-Oct-09 15:53:18

aww, i'm sorry.
it's such a beautiful dress and you look gorgeous in the picture after all your hard work.

Disenchanted3 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:59:51

Can I ask how you lost the weight?

I need to loose 2 stone but am struggling, I just can't get motivated to do anything and keep ordering curries

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 16:03:23

I don't think it's wearable now cos the black marks are all down the front of the plain panel on the skirt if you see what I mean here it is

I had weight loss surgery disenchanted, I'd never have been able to do it on my own, years of yo-yoing made sure of that. But I did and still do best eating low carb.

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 16:04:14

Can I ask what dress size you are now? It is just there is one on Ebay but it looks too big for you

Wallace Wed 14-Oct-09 16:05:55

I don't know what size you need but there is this on ebay

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 16:05:58

Well, the one i have is a 20 but my friend said it would look better in an 18?

Thanks Norma for looking

Wallace Wed 14-Oct-09 16:06:48

Sorry just seen above link it isn't the same one sad

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 16:10:41

ohh

can I see the one you found please?

although it's too late now cos I'm sposed to be going to a gala dinner on saturday night and was planning on wearing it to that so it would never arrive in time

Wallace Wed 14-Oct-09 16:12:43

The one I found is a 26 so too big for you. I don't know which one Norma is looking at.

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 16:13:19

The one on ebay is too big then

akhems Wed 14-Oct-09 16:17:14

lol thank you anyway.. never thought I'd see the day that a 26 was too big!! I used to be a size 36

frantic shopping for me tomorrow although I still have no idea where to look really :/

Lilyloooohhhh Wed 14-Oct-09 20:04:34

akh get yourself over to style and beauty and set a challenge , bet you might even find another one as nice smile

akhems Thu 15-Oct-09 06:08:14

Lily, it was style and beauty thread that found me that dress in the first place.. BunnyLebowski to be precise

I have another dress that will do for Saturday - There's no way I'm going to have time to find another before that so I'll make do for now and let the hunt commence next week.

bellavita Thu 15-Oct-09 06:15:58

What a shame about the dress sad.

Just wanted to say though well done on losing your weight, you must feel fantastic smile

akhems Thu 15-Oct-09 06:53:17

Thank you bella, compared to how I was, it was getting to the stage where mobility was a real problem as well as some aspects of self care and life in general was such a struggle.. it was really lose the weight or be better off dead..

It hasn't been easy but soo very worth it

Furball Thu 15-Oct-09 07:21:52

akhems - it says on your link 'dry clean only'

I'm assuming the label says different?

Well done on your weight loss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now