Talk

Advanced search

Can you help ? - Stained shower tray

(9 Posts)
doubleexpresso Wed 14-Oct-09 10:55:34

I wonder if any of you can help ? We have quite a large 'quarter circle' shower tray and it has very pale brown-ish stains all around the base. blush The surface of the base is slightly dimpled, so that makes it harder to remove the stains. I have tried bleach and scrubbing, soda crystals and soaking, but no joy. We live in a very hard water area. Any ideas ? Thanks.

nancy75 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:00:21

is it plastic?
my shower often gets blocked with hair (nice) and i use mr muscle drain foam unblocker stuff, the first time i used it i noticed that the area around the plughole where it had foamed up was really brilliant white, so occasionally i use that - read the bottle first i'm not sure if you are meant to use it (mine has always been ok but i dont want to ruin your shower}

doubleexpresso Wed 14-Oct-09 11:06:45

Thanks. Think it is sort of heavy duty plastic. I will try it.

Shoppingveggie Wed 14-Oct-09 11:55:58

We have what I would describe as a heavy duty shower tray which has started recently getting orangey/browny stains on. I used Domestos Zero Limescale (toilet cleaner) and left all day (didn't mean to, I forgot blush).

Anyway, when I did rinse it out it was absolutely sparkling and with minimum scrubbing.

HOWEVER - it did make the stainless steel plug hole go slightly mottled - but for me the brightness of the shower tray outweighed the mottled effect!

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 14-Oct-09 12:04:05

Or biological washing powder sprinkled over a wet shower floor and the left until you remember, can also work.

<disclaimer of not being a housekeeping expert>

ChristieF Thu 15-Oct-09 13:02:25

Don't know what your shower tray made of so be careful. We get lot of mould in ours and I pour thick toilet (thin is no good) bleach on this and it runs into tray. Bleaches all white when left for half an hour and then rinsed off. Watch your clothes when spraying out for bleach stains.

doubleexpresso Tue 03-Nov-09 10:42:31

Thanks to all. Am going to try them (when I can get motivated) and will let you know results. grin

SweetApril Tue 03-Nov-09 14:22:33

If it's related to the hard water try spraying loads of white vinegar on it and leave it overnight. With a small amount of elbow grease and one of those gentle pan scourers it should come off in the morning. Or you can soak a few paper kitchen towels in the vinegar and spread them over the tray to help keep it in place. Works a treat for me although I clean practically everything with some kind of vinegar-based concoction.

doubleexpresso Mon 09-Nov-09 14:37:18

Thank you. I have tried Domestos Zero Limescale and it had made a big difference. There are still some faint marks so I will try the vinegar trick. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now