Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between these two washing cycles?

(5 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 15:52:01

On my washing machine I have a few different programmes, some are the same temperature but have different names, e.g. 60 Cotton and 60 Synthetics.

What is the difference likely to be?

AMumInScotland Tue 13-Oct-09 15:59:54

The symthetics one will probably be less rough on the fabrics, and have a lower spin speed, if its like my machine!

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 13-Oct-09 16:01:02

pass - I set 3 different thing for temp, spin speed and "type" of wash on my machine grin

MrsBadger Tue 13-Oct-09 16:07:53

the synthetic spin speed is much lower, and the agitation during the wash migth be gentler too

waste of time imo, I spin as fast as possible to get things dry and bugger the creases.

BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 16:29:02

It is a very old machine and seems to only have 2 spin speeds - 600 and 1200. These aren't specified on the programme symbol thing though!

Makes sense though, thanks I just realised I put it on the synthetic one today instead of cotton by mistake. I hope it is not at 600 spin, the last time I did that I had to put it through an extra spin cycle because everything was wringing wet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now