Talk

Advanced search

Cat pee smell- but no cats????!!!

(7 Posts)
Poppity Mon 12-Oct-09 10:05:12

A cat pee smell that I can't seem to get rid of has suddenly arrived in our tiny hall/downstairs loo area.

I can't pinpoint it, I've cleaned everywhere, it's a solid floor and we don't have cats!!

Any ideas anyone? What else makes that smell? It's driving me mad grin

alypaly Mon 12-Oct-09 12:48:26

its probably damp under the floor,have you got floor tiles or laminate

NorbertDentressangle Mon 12-Oct-09 12:52:09

Have you brought anything into that area of the houe thats been outside and could have been sprayed by a cat or brushed against bushes that have been sprayed eg. scooter, wellies, gardening clothes, ride-on toy, plants?

ChopsTheDuck Mon 12-Oct-09 12:53:24

Small boys in the house missing the loo?

Our downstairs loo usually reeks, and it finds its way into the tiniest cracks.

PlumBumMum Mon 12-Oct-09 12:55:18

leaky radiator??

Poppity Sat 17-Oct-09 00:58:21

Thanks for the answers everyone, well the smell got so bad that I removed everything it was possible to remove in an attempt to discover the cause.

Turns out it was ds football boots IN their bootbag, hanging up underneath several outdoor coats which were producing the stench. They are now drowning in febreeze, although I think they will then have a cats-pee-and-chemials perfume instead

Worryingly, he is quite proud of just how bad they smell........

motherlovebone Sat 17-Oct-09 15:17:02

spray everywhere with distilled (clear) vinegar. as the vinegary smell dries it takes other smells with it. miraculous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now