Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Have a Gloss Kitchen....and 'Small People'?

(9 Posts)
Linbey Sun 11-Oct-09 23:30:33

Thinking of a white or cream gloss finish kitchen.

Don't want to think of spending hours wiping off small people's sticky fingerprints!

Does anyone have experience of this type of door finish? Are they still sane?!!

lucykate Mon 12-Oct-09 00:31:37

our next door neighbours do, their dc's are the same age as ours (7 & 4), cream gloss. it looks lovely, and so far so good with the finish, have heard no complaints about sticky finger prints.

kickassangel Mon 12-Oct-09 01:15:01

your kitchen is likely to stay in your home for another 15 - 20 years.
your children are not.
invest in the kitchen, tell the kids where to go. wink

tibni Mon 12-Oct-09 19:54:51

I have gloss white and small people - one with ASD.

Units are flat and I just give them a wipe with a micro fibre cloth - it's only a couple of minute job and easier to keep clean that the last couple of kitchens I have had (different houses - the white gloss is the first that is really mine!)

MusterMix Mon 12-Oct-09 19:55:09

thread on this before

HeadFairy Mon 12-Oct-09 19:56:43

We had a cream gloss kitchen in our old house and a toddler. Fingerprints were never a problem, and very very easily wiped off if they did appear. Now have a white modern kitchen (not quite gloss, more gentle sheen) and don't expect any problems with this one either.

Peckarolloveragain Tue 13-Oct-09 09:04:40

I have a white gloss kitchen, 3 small people and I am pretty messy too!

Yes, it does get obviously mucky quite easy BUT is so easy to get clean when you do it and looks good as new! Much better than something with grooves that is a nightmare to clean!

Linbey Tue 20-Oct-09 17:39:30

Thanks you everyone for your advice.

Regards

Linbey Tue 20-Oct-09 17:40:02

Or even, thank you everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now