Talk

Advanced search

Help me get rid of horrendous cat-wee stink!

(6 Posts)
PCPlumIsMyHomeboy Sun 11-Oct-09 15:49:15

The conservatory floor in our new house is made of porous, unglazed terracotta tiles and REEKS of cat wee.

Is there any hope of getting rid of it, or should I just have the floor taken up RIGHT NOW!?

we had a stray come into yours and used bio washing powder to get rid of the smell. did work. I put some in a bowl of water and let it soak inot floor. HTH

clayre Sun 11-Oct-09 15:53:18

i'll second the bio washing powder, thats what the vet told my mum to use last week.

shootfromthehip Sun 11-Oct-09 15:57:01

I inherited a cat that peed everywhere when I first got him- I tried EVERYTHING- bicarb, lemon juice and washing powder. The washing powder did seem to work but the smell then came back (peed on waxed floorboards, the swine) when I started putting the heating on. It has calmed down a bit but hasn't gone completely and I am now really paranoid that I have a stinky house.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

PCPlumIsMyHomeboy Sun 11-Oct-09 17:58:20

Great, thanks!

Will have to go and by some washing powder tomorrow-how old-school!

janett Tue 13-Oct-09 22:24:08

hi, i had this last year and used white wine vinegar. took a couple of goes but worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now