Talk

Advanced search

Knitting crisis - can I 'knit up' from the initial cast on row ...

(4 Posts)
bramblebooks Sun 04-Oct-09 20:26:36

Pants! Have just unearthed my winter project ready to finish it before it gets really cold and have realised that the double moss stitch 'rib' section on the front panel is an inch less deep than the back. I need this front panel's rib to be another inch deeper.

... So ... can I undo and 'knit off' the starter stitches from the initial cast on, then knit 'upside down' to lengthen the rib or do I have to undo the whole ruddy thing, which is just about finished (right front) ?

ARRRRGGHGHHHHH! I blame open fires and sherry whilst knitting.

TeenyTinyToria Sun 04-Oct-09 20:30:34

Yes, you can. Undo the cast on, pop the stitches back on the needles, and then knit down until it's the right length. Don't unpick from the top for your own sanity!

bramblebooks Sun 04-Oct-09 20:41:47

PHew! Thought I would be able to, just needed someone to tell me so! I've got a few inches to do from the armhole to finish the front before doing the 'repair'.

I'll have to do a careful knit/purl cast off so that the edges look the same.

Now where's the sherry?

blush

bramblebooks Sun 04-Oct-09 20:42:18

It's time like this I really miss my old gran, who could fix anything knitting and sewing-wise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now