Talk

Advanced search

Moths

(4 Posts)
deaddei Sun 04-Oct-09 16:58:33

Despite cedar things in wardrobes and drawers, I've just been ironing and found holes in one of my favourite tops.
How do I get rid of the damn things?

Ishbel14 Sun 04-Oct-09 22:02:57

ours even followed us into a new home- freezing clothes apparently kills them- leave for several days at least in bags in the freezer. we had such a struggle getting rid of them we left them for weeks in the freezer and then selaed up precious woollen things in bags when not in use. Anything woollen or silk that we could we just binned and now rarely buy woollen clothes- shame but seemed the best way with our track record! Hope this helps ( we also bought something on internet which caught them but not sure how useful this was - as far as I know the cedar wood is only a repllant so no use once you have them ) .
finally- worth looking on the net for how to detect them- not just looking for holes buyt little 'rolls' of fluff- this will help spot the affected clothes.

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 22:16:14

Hoovering and pheromone traps.

Washing anything that might be affected at 50 degrees +, dry cleaning or freezing in a protective bag for a week.

Put away clothes clean, esp if over winter/summer.

<I think the people we bought our house from left them as a little "extra" when we moved in angry>

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 22:18:29

Sorry freezing for two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now