Talk

Advanced search

Removing greasy tomato pasta sauce stains - How do you do it?

(10 Posts)
Bellared Sun 04-Oct-09 13:41:33

DS pulls his bibs off so most of the time he is stripped either down to his vest or nappy to eat but it gets thrown places and I end up with said stains either on the sofa cover or myself. How can I remove it apart from bleaching it out (If on whites)?

I also manage to spill it down myself too blush

Thanks wink

MrsDinky Sun 04-Oct-09 22:08:52

Soak overnight in a fairly concentrated solution of Vanish, made using hot water, then throw it in tha machine still soaked in the solution, usually works for me. If that doesn't quite shift it, I do a prewash cycle and put some vanish in both pre-wash and main wash, then do extra rinse. I know that's not much use for the sofa covers, maybe put an old towel on the sofa or something while feeding.

cookielove Sun 04-Oct-09 22:10:38

i give stain stuff to my mum, (not that i live with her but she is the best at stain removal) she use ariel biological gel, purs it on the stain leaves, rubs and washes

TeamEdwardTango Sun 04-Oct-09 22:13:59

Stain Devils do a good oil/grease stain remover.

great thing i found was a stain remover called de-solve, fabby stuff that really works, and smells oddly like oranges! I got a small bottle from tesco, but will be buying large one next time i go.

TeamEdwardTango Sun 04-Oct-09 22:16:30

This one

ElectricElephant Sun 04-Oct-09 22:18:08

the orange stuff is based on the oil from oranges - used to use it in labs to get everything off samples. (odd)

this is it

jazzandh Mon 05-Oct-09 10:02:35

Lay out in sun or on sunny wndowsill. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me....even in the winter.

Bellared Mon 05-Oct-09 19:42:19

Brilliant, thank you all! Luckily the sofa covers are those Klippan ones from Ikea that you can just whip off and I sinned and got them plain white so I could (If necessary bleach them). I've used that De-solve before, years ago and it does smell of oranges! I've got some Vanish spray will that be OK?

Sorry I've not replied sooner I was having a moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now