Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher won't drain away or finish program

(8 Posts)
costagirl Sat 03-Oct-09 20:18:50

(sorry, very boring), have tried to see if a hose is kinked but can't see anything. Water just sits in the bottom of the dishwasher and have to rinse everything by hand - anyone have any tips? Can you chuck plughole unblocker into the dishwasher?

shouldbeironing Sat 03-Oct-09 20:29:16

presumably you have unscrewed and cleaned out all the filters?

I would definitely NOT put those chemicals in your dishwasher to unblock it.

costagirl Sat 03-Oct-09 20:43:38

Yes I have cleaned out all the filters, just don't know why dirty water is sitting there. Thanks for your advice, I wasn't sure that Mr muscle was the answer! Guess I'll have to call someone out sad, will cost a fortune.

badgermonkey Sat 03-Oct-09 20:53:31

I had this once, there was a little bit of something stuck in the impeller. I googled how to get to it - it wasn't exactly easy to do but I did it all by myself. I had to take the bottom bit off, tip it up and then unscrew the cover to the impeller and get the bit out. The forums at UK White goods are very helpful for this sort of thing.

costagirl Sat 03-Oct-09 20:56:37

That sounds helpful, what's the impeller?

procrastinatingparent Sat 03-Oct-09 21:01:32

This happened to us and DH did what badgermonkey said. It was an orange pip. hmm

Ours is a Bosch which are very prone to this, I understand.

essanel Sat 03-Oct-09 21:24:38

ours is an indesit and this has happened to us... switch the power off and with door closed press and hold re-set/start button and this has cleared it. hope this helps

Pyrocanthus Sat 03-Oct-09 21:46:44

I have cured impeller blockage too, but painfully, as it was a piece of broken wine glass and I was a bit gung-ho with the exploratory finger. It was worth it though - didn't have to call anyone out.

Ours is also a Bosch.

The impeller is a rotating blade-like thing beneath the filter. Google for more informed description...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now