Talk

Advanced search

Can you put CICA Flashing LED trainers in the washing machine and if not how do you get the smell out?

(8 Posts)
stressed2007 Fri 02-Oct-09 12:17:06

Thought you clever ladies might know a cure for this.

My daughter has had an accident at nursery and weed on her CICA trainers. I have tried to get the smell out (antibaterial spray, febreeze spray etc) but they still smell of wee. Can I put them in the washing machine? I would have thought not - the leds will probably stop working? Has anyone got any other ideas - they cost nearly £30 and we have only had them for about 10 days. Thanks very much.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 02-Oct-09 12:19:49

Vinegar on cottonwool stuffed in socks or tights, overnight. Then leave them to air for a day.

BlackLetterDay Fri 02-Oct-09 12:25:35

I put dd's flashing trainers from clarks in the washer (because I had forgotten they flashed lol) and they were fine.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:42:15

I've washed various flashing trainers before too and they've been fine.

Buda Fri 02-Oct-09 12:43:11

I've washed them too.

Flutterbye Fri 02-Oct-09 13:01:51

Surely the flashing bit will be waterproof 'cause they'd expect them to go through the odd puddle wouldn't they?? Can't go around with wee wee shoes, what have you got to lose?

stressed2007 Fri 02-Oct-09 14:41:04

What at 30 degrees?

Love the phrase wee wee shoes grin

stressed2007 Wed 07-Oct-09 09:19:10

They have now been washed and they are still flashing!

Hooray!

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: