Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If someone washed a chenille throw with other clothes...

(14 Posts)
IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 10:44:33

...and found that as it was a red throw, they now have lots of red fluffy clothes, how would you suggest they sort it out?

Not me obviously grinblush

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 10:47:11

tumble dryer should get most of it off grin

(do in small batches though if there is a lot of fluff or the filter will get clogged)

WorldofSab Thu 01-Oct-09 10:47:17

Oh God I did this once - it like a brown snowstorm when I opened the machine blush

Tbh the only thing that worked was washing everything else 3 or 4 times, and defluffing inbetween the washes (without the throw in the machine mind lol)

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 10:47:27

(pass this information on, obv wink)

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Thu 01-Oct-09 10:49:10

If your (cough) friend doesn't have a tumble dryer, I would suggest one of those sticky clothes brushes which they sell at the dry cleaners for removing pet hair.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 10:51:07

If the person doesn't have a tumble drier (but does at least have the throws out of the washing machine, drying on the line) it will take a while won't it?

<passes information on>

Isn't it annoying when you feel pleased with yourself for putting on the washing before taking children to school/pre-school and then go for a run and come back to a red snowstorm of fluff? At least the throw is clean now (looks for silver lining).

IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 10:52:00

The main casualty is a pair of DS's trousers which are really too short. And DH's pyjamas. It could be worse I suppose.

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 10:57:59

Take all the clothes outside & give them a bloody good thrashing shake - then hang them on the line too. Then rewash, repeat etc.

Actually those velvety clothes brushes which only pick up when used in the right direction are good too.

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 11:01:32

I think this is what I mean although as it's in a bag it's hard to be sure - it's the right shape though

IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 11:04:55

So should they get dry inbetween washings do you think?

Why did I not engage my brain slightly more this morning <gives up all pretence of this happening to a "friend">

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 13:21:53

You could take them to the laundrette & use the dryers there?

IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 14:41:55

Two rinses later and things are looking much better smile.

Ponders Thu 01-Oct-09 18:32:37

Oh good smile

IIWY I'd give your machine a good blast through empty now. In our holiday house last summer the previous visitors had also washed a red chenille throw - which belonged to the house, god knows why they felt the need hmm - anyway it scalped the throw & buggered the machine shock

IdrisTheDragon Thu 01-Oct-09 19:47:57

It has had a bit of a rinse empty but will give it a good blast through now. The bits of red do seem to have gone now which is good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now