Talk

Advanced search

Thursday Fly.

(29 Posts)
scattyspice Thu 01-Oct-09 07:44:59

Morning smile.

Romanarama Thu 01-Oct-09 07:46:01

I have just become a flybaby, may I join?

scattyspice Thu 01-Oct-09 07:51:50

Morning Roma of course you can join. I'm just looking for the mission here it is.

Nice Autumn morning here smile.

To do (after school/work)

Ds homework
laundry
Taichi (me)
Tel Mum
mend DS jeans
write/post card
get duvet and air bed from loft

BBL

EHM Thu 01-Oct-09 07:59:14

Morning ALL*

*scatty
Thanks for thread. Does this mean you have to spend more time at Beavers, or more time planning for Beavers- or both?
romanarama Hello & Welcome
ruby glad first day went well-when is dh back-its pants when they are always away.
galen wow coping with all 6 ill/not so ill/grumpy/not grumpy children-I salute you!
simply thanks for Invite to Wales-would be a bit far for Ellie's PS 3 days a weekwink Plus you might rope me into building type work-which I am very scared ofwink
Tea Glad ds2 better at PS
leo Don't tell my DH you pack your DH's bags when he is going away.

Received phone call from Estate Agent at 430 yesterday about our offer. Builder not committing- So I said look mate I getting very fed up with the whole thing. This is our Full & FINAL offer. They can like it or lump it. He agreed price was fair & Reasonablehmm So told him would discuss with dh when he got home, but warned very unlikely we will offer more. So we are not & will be telling them that today.

Going to see 2 more rental property on Saturday & few for sale. We will not be bullied into paying more than the bloody house is worth!

Rant over-move on EHM! Off to have breakfast & I think park after lunch for us with 2 of Ellie's little friends from PS.

EHM Thu 01-Oct-09 07:59:54

scatty x post enjoy Taichismile

leothelioness Thu 01-Oct-09 08:05:21

hi scaty thanks for the thread
welcome roma*
*ruby
well done getting through your first day 'behaving yourself' grin

Anyway
breakfast done
washing loaded
kids to school done
dishwasher
hoover
change bedding (ours and dc's)
clean bathroom sink
toilet
wipe down kitchen
mop kitchen and bathroom floor
lunch
dinner
School pickup

I think I am be being optimistic but ho hum we'll see + revison, evenyone fell free to tell me to get of mn and revise please.

TeaMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 08:15:41

Morning all

I have a very tired DS1 this morning, who is very wingey

Todo

School drop off
Shopping with mum and DS2
Lunch
DS2 to preschool - hopefully less crying today
Whats for dinner
ironing
put ironing away
snack for park
school/preschool collection
park
home for dinner
homework

Welcome to our cult Romanarama

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 01-Oct-09 08:38:59

Good morning all. Bore da pawb. Actually, I'm not sure if there should be a mutation there and so pawb would become bawb. Perhaps I shouldn't be trying to teach you all a few phrases in Welsh until I can get it 100% right myself!

Thanks for the thread scatty. smile

Welcome Romanarama. smile I hope you don't mind me shortening your name to Roma. I seem to shorten most peoples' names.

TM Don't go telling Romanarama that she's joining a cult at the start! Wait until we've brainwashed her first! grin I hope your shopping expedition isn't too trying and tiring.

leo I admire you for doing exams. I don't know how many years it has been since I last sat my exams. My college finals were 20 yrs ago. [yikes]

EHM We have wonderful pre-school groups in Wales! She'd learn to sing the most amazing songs about little dogs going for walks and losing their shoes and jacdaws on the roof and all sorts! I hope your offer is accepted shortly.

To do:-
~ finish tidying up the kitchen and do the washing up
~ finish the gardening demolition
~ ironing
~ walk the dog

Bbl.

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 01-Oct-09 08:41:13

I forgot to say, have a good day to those who are lurking with perhaps no time to post and regulars esp Ruby and Wolf and go and galen. If I've left anyone out then sorry but my brain hasn't woken up yet.

leothelioness Thu 01-Oct-09 09:31:37

Its ok EHM I won't tell your DH promise grin but if my dh packed he would be taking swimming trunks and odd socks for a business meeting hmm plus he didnot get back till midnight and had to leave to go to the airport at 4 so it may have been a bit mean to make him pack too (he is working stupid hours)

Simply I hate exams but am just over half way through toward my degree so hopefully it will all be worth it in the end, then i may go on a book burning spree.

Tea whingy dc's are not fum, take it easy.

leothelioness Thu 01-Oct-09 09:32:05

fum- fun do'h

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 01-Oct-09 11:15:34

I know you're not here because you're busy revising wink but good luck with the revision today leo. smile

Done:-
~ emptied bins all over the house
~ recycling put out
~ washing up done but not dried and put away yet
~ hand washed an item with a stain which may have been a rust stain so I didn't want to put it in the wash
~ one load done and two out on the line
~ took summer clothes out of drawers and swapped with winter clothes. My clothes only as dh keeps his clothes the same all year round and the kids just have a sort out of outgrown things every few months
~ kitchen almost completely tidied up
~ washed up cat and dog bowls

To do:-
~ finish the gardening demolition
~ ironing
~ walk the dog
~ ring my friend back as I missed her call yesterday

Bbl.

Makingchanges Thu 01-Oct-09 11:29:45

Morning all

Good luck with the revision Leo - I'm never very good at it, revision time would probably be the one time my house was spotless.

EHM I can see why you are getting annoyed with the house situation - We wanted to move a while ago and I just couldn't face it in the end. I hope you find the house you are looking for at a good price soon.

Not a bad morning here - DD up really early so we have been playing all morning, which is not good cos I had put aside this morning to get on top of things but really enjoyed some mindless sticking - Have made felt and googly eye animals that came with one of the childrens magazines (Bribery) - and played at Doctors and dentist and school.

Still to do today though

Lunch - Yep eating whilst typing again - If I didn't do that I'd never get online.
DD to Nursery
Me to placement at school
DD back from nursery
Shopping on way home
Make Irish stew for tea
Sign language homework this evening (no classes tonight though so a night in Yippee)
Find my degree certificate as proof that I have a degree - If I can't find ring uni about getting a replacement.
Paperwork tidy up - Its a right mountain
One load of washing in washing machine - two more to do
Make Pasta for lunch at school tomorrow

Ruby - Well Done on your first day - I think I'm more tired from the routine of school that I ever was working full time - and as for behaving yourself, Ever day I get the children telling my I'm not allowed to do something. I never realised (being a mum not staff) how many rules there were about everything within a school.

BBL

swanriver Thu 01-Oct-09 11:49:03

emptying bins all over the house sounds a bit rebellious Simply shock

had an upbeat morning (and eve yest) loads of walking dcs to and from activities LOL - feels great
this morning took ds1 swimming (he is now doing a swim instead of school PE as he's really suffering from lack of exercise in school (still not allowed ANY contact sports, gym etc)- and physio recommended it - so that's been a lovely start to morning, watching him do laps - very sweet to see my 9 year old waterbaby in action.

still not found car key, will have to buy a new one angry There are meant to be two, but the other one's in a "safe" place too - anyone else find amnesia creeping up all the time?

Scatty - do you have to RUN at Beavers? That's what I find gruelling grin
Ruby - hope you have another good day, you sound very organised. I have to remind myself that every WOHM job has its off days. [Just like motherhood]
Leo - good luck with revision, I know you are doing some [confident]
EHM - knot of tension on your behalf, hope other houses open up a few more options.
I remember how market seizes up when people think it is not a good time to sell, there are then less properties to choose from, which then drives prices higher etc etc, despite it appearing that prices should be lower etc etc. I remember my sister buying in Dublin 10 years ago, and there was nothing, and in the end she bought a house that she had rejected 6 months earlier as being unsuitable Luckily she loves it. But it had exactly the probs she forsaw.

Off to work/library now for a few hours.
Hello to everyone I have missed.
TM - it is a whole week till next Thursday - hope you get through the shopping.

swanriver Thu 01-Oct-09 11:58:03

Sorry EHM, what I meant was, that although sis's house appeared unsuitable and overpriced, it was not (just a bit of building work to render habitable)

scattyspice Thu 01-Oct-09 12:45:30

Hi again.

swan no running yet but have moved from the safety of the kitchen to mingle with boys (help), last night was decorating biscuits chaos (I did alot of floor sweeping). I am quite enjoying it although I had never planned to be a helper. I am trying not to cramp DS style too much or interfere with the way the fabulous elderly leaders do things (they are great). Also I can't remeber anyone's name and they do all look the same in those turquoise jumpers hmm.

Simply - no outdoor excavation today then.

I have sent DD to school in her new winter coat, unfortunately its huge and if she zips it right up her head disappears hmm, may have to rethink and put it in the massive stash of clothes she is waiting to grow into.

grouchyoscar Thu 01-Oct-09 13:19:41

Welcome Romanarama Your very very welcome <<Grouchy offers cuppa and biccies>>

I've not been able to do a post for a few days but I am FLYing and I am thinking of you all.

This afternoon GOjr is in the sports club then he's off to Beavers and I'm Chairing the Steering Group shock

Better get my evening routines done now hmm

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TeaMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 13:21:13

Afternoon all

Shopping wasnt too bad. I left DS2 with mum whilst I had a quick pop in to the pound shops and got some stocking fillers - magnetic dart boards and glow in the dark stars grin

Left DS2 at Preschool in tears agaain - cruel to be kind.

I am now having a cuppa nd 5 mins before I crack on.

EHM The right house will come along. I hope things do not get too stressful. I hate moving house.

bah brain not in gear, too many tears on my part.

galen Thu 01-Oct-09 13:25:17

afternoon all
DD2 still off poorly, but is actually genuinely ill ( on sofa under duvet watching tv)
others all firmly deposited back at school

Not achieved anything in the house for 2 days....hmm

massive laundry backlog to tackle, dinner to sort

DH home late tonight too so whole evenings chaos down to me...hmm

I need it to be the wk/end LOL

Hopefully back for individuals later....

swanriver Thu 01-Oct-09 14:35:35

Back from calm lovely workplace grinto hideous messy house

3 kids coming round to play later so
need to create veneer of order
back in 20 mins

swanriver Thu 01-Oct-09 15:17:21

snacks prepared
garden swept and decluttered
cat basket put away
dw loaded
off to pickup!
bb tomorrow

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 01-Oct-09 15:56:47

scatty I've just come in from the garden for a glass of water and a sit down. It took another 45 mins to get the sodding thing fence post holder out but it is now out! I measured it against my leg so I could brag to you all and it is nearly a whole leg length (I'm about 5' 8" btw) When I was lying on my belly in dh's overalls scooping a bit of earth out at a time with a trowel I thought "I chose to do this? What is wrong with me!"

I'm now going to cut the grass as the dog was all excited at seeing me put overalls on and she was disappointed that I was just messing about with the hole by the fence and hedge instead!

swan You're a tease! You knew exactly what I meant!

Bbl with a revised done list and more individual messages.

RubysReturn Thu 01-Oct-09 16:00:32

Hi all
well they still want me back, I have ID card and everything grin.

Need to do homework and the like, but I actually think it is probably a good thing to be working in a school, as I still get an academic buzz iyswim.

Need to work out what to wear tomorrow! Have limited outfits and have bought some wintery stuff, but it is still pretty warm!

Dh back tonight. I'd better get a toblerone.

SimplyWantsAMagicWandPlease Thu 01-Oct-09 16:24:01

I've come in for another glass of water (trying to make up for the 6 or so cupcakes I've eaten since yest afternoon by doing stuff outside) before finishing mowing the lawn.

Hi Ruby Good to hear they want you back smile and well done on getting yourself an ID card. I was supposed to get my photo taken etc as part of my induction list and that was when I joined a different section of work about 3 years ago! Perhaps my middle name is manyana (sp?). What is the significance of the toblerone, dare I ask?

Right. I'm going to finish cutting the grass and then I'm going to sort out tea. It'll be chicken stir-fry I think. There is quite a lot left over from the roast chicken last night. Bbl.

RubysReturn Thu 01-Oct-09 17:08:09

Dh been in Italy. This Family Law that anyone passing through customs/duty free is OBLIGED to buy me a large toblerone.

Nowt saucyshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now