Talk

Advanced search

I had my oven cleaned today ........................

(19 Posts)
merlin Wed 30-Sep-09 21:10:10

and now I don't want to use it!

It's all lovely and shiny - we might have to dine on takeaways for a while grin

Pinner35 Wed 30-Sep-09 21:11:47

LOL....I was the same when I had mine done. I didn't think it was that bad until I saw the result.

Hassled Wed 30-Sep-09 21:12:11

How much did it cost you?

And was it embarrassingly dirty before? This is my stumbling block - our oven is so hideous I don't think I could bear anyone else to see it.

merlin Wed 30-Sep-09 21:14:26

I thought it was quite dirty, but he said he had seen a lot worse (bet he says that to all the ladies!!!)

Hassled - £50 for double oven.

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:17:57

ohhh, are you glad you did it?

i have to admit to helping my old oven break a bit more than it was already broken. so i could get a new one. so i didn't have to clean it blush

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:18:38

hassled, i felt the same about ours! hence the new one. and a resolution to keep it clean.

yeah right

merlin Wed 30-Sep-09 21:27:11

I will try and keep it a bit cleaner but don't hold your breath grin

Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:36:35

I need to get mine done. I keep meaning to phone someone and have it sorted. It needs doing. I don't want to be the one to tackle it.

This thread has reminded me I need to google someone to come and clean it for me.

DelGirl Wed 30-Sep-09 21:44:15

you must be on target for the most sparkly mn kitchen ever grin. I may have to get their number before I move out!

foxinsocks Wed 30-Sep-09 21:45:47

does it smell toxic?

I wonder whether it leaves you with noxious fumes <ponders>

Hassled Wed 30-Sep-09 21:50:54

Thanks merlin - may well go for it.

merlin Wed 30-Sep-09 21:54:41

DG - it's so sparkly everything else looks dirty now!!!

No fumes - they don't use any chemicals. Just soak everything in boiling water in a tank thing in his van and then wlbow grease!! Apparently the very hot water and steam loosens everything up but he still was having to scrub hard!!!

merlin Wed 30-Sep-09 21:55:27

that would be elbow not wlbow obviously!

SparkyToo Wed 30-Sep-09 22:35:40

It's so true - I had mine done at the beginning of the summer and have barely used it since (I use the BBQ outside) as I haven't wanted to get it dirty again - they get them looking like new again don't they - just with pure elbow grease!! It's amazing.

PVish Thu 01-Oct-09 14:04:49

it is better than sex sint it

PestoSunshineMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 14:06:43

I don't know about that PVish, am currently in the middle of cleaning mine

<<looks over shoulder at oven frothing with chemicals>>

PVish Thu 01-Oct-09 14:23:10

no you need a man to do it
i book mine twice a eyar

PestoSunshineMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 14:38:26

I think you're right, I do need an oven man, especially if he looks like my plumber wink grin

bacon Fri 02-Oct-09 14:57:35

I wonna wonna want it done but hubby will moan so have to book him when totally away from farm. How long was he there cleaning out your oven? a couple of hours or more. I agree with PVish - having a man in is better than sex...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now