Fledgling flyers October 2009

(517 Posts)
Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 18:40:35

Everyone welcome!

Here you can, for one month:

- repeat or start baby steps

- repeat baby steps + do 15 mins a day decluttering in the current zone

- reinforce babysteps and do daily missions if you have finished decluttering

As we are coverning more ground, to avoid confusion, I'll be posting links early in the morning on the relevant day.

Good luck!

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 18:42:21

Background info/further details here

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 18:42:58

and here!

Jacaqueen Wed 30-Sep-09 19:03:25

I am going to follow this and have a lovely house for Christmas!

tibni Wed 30-Sep-09 19:08:32

Hello!

Im going to be trying to do ALL the babysteps this month.

I have a long way to go before I am finished decluttering so I will carry on with that and try and have a look at the missions when I can.

Rhian82 Wed 30-Sep-09 19:12:28

Ooh, it's all shiny and clean in here…

hellsbelles Wed 30-Sep-09 19:23:15

Hello - I'm going to be shining sinks and dressing to my ?? (not lace up shoes anyway)...from t/m.

MiniMarmite Wed 30-Sep-09 19:37:32

Hi Everyone

Lovely to see you on the new thread and welcome to Jacaqueen and hellsbelles...

I really am off to relax now!

blissa Wed 30-Sep-09 20:27:59

<<Flutters in>>

I've mopped the floor!!

Welcome to October everyone smile

Will definately direct dd1 to that link you posted ctgh. Funny thing is she likes to help in her own way, she will hoover the hallway with just the nozzle for half an hour, then get bored! But when it comes to tidying her bedroom she's just not interested!

optimisticmumma Wed 30-Sep-09 20:42:29

Hi everyone, nice to see you all again.I love the fact that we are all at different stages in our lives but are bonding over...houseworkhmm. It's a great mix of people.

Welcome to hellsbelles and Jacaqueen..
Thanks CTGH for organising us for a second month!!

Just climbed to the top of my Everest mountain of ironing so feeling very shock and grin!

Off to watch TV and then do evening routine.

<hope you have a well-deserved glass of something soon elliepac - don't envy you. Have mine after HT.>

Shoppingveggie Wed 30-Sep-09 21:13:50

Hello everyone - thank you CTGH for your words of encouragement - and here goes for me to try again!

Will definitely try to keep up this time x

fruitstick Wed 30-Sep-09 21:43:13

Hello everyone! Waves frantically .....

Am determined that now we are staying in our house for another 6 months it's going to be a pleasant place to live. Decluttering is more or less done so am going to have a go at the zone cleaning.

Am due to go back to work in a few weeks (only 2 days a week but even so! Am determined to have an orderly and organised house.

Now I've switched threads I've completely forgotten all news but hope all the bumps, interviews, illnesses are moving along nicely.

Jumbs Wed 30-Sep-09 21:49:20

ohh good, i was hoping for an october version! I lurked on the Sept one but since we were on hols for half the month didn't think it was worth getting started. Feel a bit sad at being excited by housework but would love a tidy home. Had emergency clear up today before visitors and don't want that palaver again.

Can I blame my hoarder of a partner for all the clutter btw? grin

Jumbs

droitwichmum Wed 30-Sep-09 21:53:13

Can I join in?

I've been lurking on the September thread for the last 2 weeks and decided to wait for October to get started - HUGE mountain of clutter and just had to get rid of my cleaners sad as DH out of work.

I need help desperately!

Bigboots Wed 30-Sep-09 22:16:57

Hi everyone! grin Back to baby steps for me I think, although like the idea of the 15 mins decluttering too. Aiming to at least hover a bit for the whole of October...hmm

dreamteamgirl Wed 30-Sep-09 23:07:21

Hi everyone! Another flutterer here smile I really like that term. Not a flyer quite, but just getting off the ground. Fluttering smile

Oooh a brand new shiny thread. How fabulous!!

Great to see new faces too. I think CTGH is going to have her work cut out posting the daily links grin but it will be totally worth it.

I am 90% sure we are heading into the entrace hall/ porch for the last 2 days of this week. ... hmm wonder what the missions will be??!! My hall way is probably the most cluttered place in my house!!

Meant to ask, did anyone except me have a control journal before? I would love to see someone else's to see how mine compares

jacaqueen 12weeks till Xmas, you can TOTALLY do this.

See you all tomorrow, welcome to anyone new, and HELLO to September buddies coming across

My aim for this month is meal planning, as I miss that bit every time grin

MommyUpNorth Wed 30-Sep-09 23:22:28

Hello everyone! Just looking through the September thread in another window to get a feel for what this is all about... been signed up for Flylady for years (far too many!). I really need to get back in the swing of things again as we're drowning in mess/clutter/who knows what else!

I seem to have brilliantly good days where I get loads done, and then lots more days where I totally lack motivation. Really would like to see this through and hopefully start seeing results!!

Will be back to start officially tomorrow!

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 23:23:46

That I am Dreamteam, that I am grin [grin*

And I wish we'd called it Fledgling Flutterers now ...!!

Blimey O'Riley everyone - you lot are un-stoppable!! I only popped in before going to bed (far too late as usual). Didn't expect you to be already lined up with beaks open!!

A warm welcome to all newcomers:

Hellesbelles*
*Jacaqueen*
*Jumbs*
*Droitwichmum

and waves frantically back at all September friends!!

Joking apart, I hope you will forgive me if I don't have time to respond to everyone individually further along the thread. I am going to concentrate on getting the vital information out on time!!

Now take it steady everyone.

This is not a competition - it's a learning process.

Slow starts, slows starts, take it steady ...

See you in the morning ....

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 23:25:04

x posts Mummyupnorth - a warm welcome to you too ...

[beak under wing time - g'night all]

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 30-Sep-09 23:25:49

Oh dear that should have read
Mommy!! Apologies!!

paranoiabigdestroyer Wed 30-Sep-09 23:41:21

Hi - I wanna be in the fly gang too. The house is probably going on the market after Christmas so I have to get it sorted NOW.

Very pleased with my decluttering so far - have had one attempt at understairs cupboard and have got a huge bag of stuff for charity collection to put out tomorrow.

Going to bed now in anticipation. Kitchen sink and draining board are not clear.

Tomorrow I will: go to tip / recycling, hoover the stairs, do kitchen sink. Anything else is a bonus.

snorkie Wed 30-Sep-09 23:45:16

Hello all,

I'm signing in for another month. I think I'll be hovering between continuing decluttering & the daily missions depending what zone we are in.

Dreamteam, my control journal had only got as far as morning & bedtime routine - it was on scraps of paper (not electronic) which were in a folder until ds nicked it. So actually, my so called control journal was adding to the clutter. I'm going to try sticking with an electronic one (based on yours), but will have a hard copy if I find I need it.

Wishing us all happy October flying.

ihavenewsockson Wed 30-Sep-09 23:47:08

Hi, can i join in?
How does it work? do i have to come on every day and tell you what i have not done?

Fly sounds great!

elliepac Thu 01-Oct-09 06:58:12

Morning. Elliepac reporting for duty, if a little bit apprehensive about what the month will bring (too scared to look at what i have to do today grin).

tibni good luck with interview, i probably missed this, what job are you going for?

optimistic lol..never thought i would bond with anyone over housework grin

ctgh thanks for starting this thread.

A big fat welcome to (elliepac hopes she doesn't miss anyone out)

ihavenewsockson (there's nothing like new socks is there grin
paranoiabigdestroyer*
*mommyupnorth*
*droitwichmum*
*jumbs*
*jacaqueen*
*hellesbelles

Can't remember who suggested i should have some wine last night but i tok you up on your advice. Felt good last night, this morning have a wee hangover as well as general knackeredness.

ANyway am off to scare myself have a quick look at today's stuff.

Have a great day one and all and good luck to everyone this month.

ihavenewsockson, you can use us however you want to wink. Some people post lists to motivate them, some of us post what we have done and ask questions about what we should be doing. It really does work so come on in and just get started a little at a time.

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 01-Oct-09 07:24:00

Good morning everyone

baby step for Thursday 1st October

Today and tomorrow we are

zone 1 - entrance, front porch, dining room

Thursday's mission

Here's the detailed cleaning plan for zone 1 if you are at that stage
www.flylady.net/images/Detailed_Cleaning_Lists.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now