Talk

Advanced search

Steam Cleaners

(6 Posts)
flier Mon 28-Sep-09 16:16:16

I have been thinking about getting one of these for ages, one with a nozzle for getting in to those hard to reach/clean places like our shower cubicle and other nooks and crannies.

Does anyone own one and are they effective?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Sep-09 17:13:06

I have one, it's in the cupboard with all the other cleaners that take a dogs age to put together and then are great but boring to use.

You can get a little one called a penguin which I found was quite good though - if you just want to do one room at a time.

newpup Mon 28-Sep-09 17:14:00

I have one, bought it when the cat was ill and had a few accidents on the newish carpet. sad It is fab have only used it on carpet but keep meaning to have a go at the shower with it!

The carpet came up beautiful and I have done all the carpets with it since.

lynniep Mon 28-Sep-09 17:21:26

I have a handheld one (vax 084n - dont think they make these any more - certainly can't find it doing a google search - I got it as part of a vax multipack) which I use now and again and which is great for small areas.

I've tried it on sinks - it blasts away the grime that seems to gather but doesnt shift limescale. Very satisfying watching all the gunge come off without scrubbing though!

It was fantastic when I was given an old childs bike seat which was grubby - got a lot of the much out of the straps which I thought wouldnt come out.

Also good for getting stubborn icky stuff off the tiles in the kitchen.

It was definately worth getting. Need an extension lead to use it in a lot of places though.

flier Mon 28-Sep-09 17:29:15

thanks - newpup what make is yours? and yours whomovedmychocolate?
Lynniep - yes icky kitchen tiles are ideal for this kind of cleaner

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Sep-09 19:42:08

Umm it's yellow. I'm sorry I have no idea but it's very yellow and it came from Argos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now