Talk

Advanced search

Laundry Question.

(11 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 27-Sep-09 22:10:45

DS2 has some pj's. Red trousers, top with red sleeves and white body. How can I keep the white bit white? I've been washing them in a dark load, but the white bit is turning grey. Same with a navy and white pair.

How can I wash them to avoid the manky greyness?

FritesMenthe Sun 27-Sep-09 22:12:40

Buy a packet of Colour Catchers

Shoppingveggie Sun 27-Sep-09 22:13:39

Hi BAHB

I would put them in a colours wash. I do three types, whites, darks and colours. I would not put them in a darks wash as I would not trust them not to run, whereas if an item of clothing has more than one colour on it, then I assume they won't run.

Hope that helps.

BethAndHerBrood Sun 27-Sep-09 22:18:34

If I use colour catchers, do I wash them in a light or a dark load? Or doesn't it matter?

<wonders when she became so fussy about pyjamas, fgs!>

booyhoosboydoesntwearpants Mon 28-Sep-09 14:50:10

i would put them in a colour wash with a colour catcher.

Sooty7 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:04:59

Message withdrawn

BethAndHerBrood Mon 28-Sep-09 17:56:11

These pj's are from next, 3 in a pack. I can't put them in a white load, that just seems wrong!

Actually, DH put the red and white top in a white load, and turned everything a pale shade of pink! Not a good look for DS1's school shirts!

Sooty7 Tue 29-Sep-09 06:41:03

Message withdrawn

BlueKangerooWonders Tue 29-Sep-09 07:05:12

<fears she may be just too, too here..>

I have separate whites wash - 'plain white' and 'white with colours/ trim/ edging/ patterns' etc. That's what I'd put the pj's on!

"Surely if the top with red sleeves has white body then it is designed NOT to run?" Not sure if I agree - don't think the designers have much thought about how the clothes will be looked after, just that they'll look good when they are sold!

Romanarama Tue 29-Sep-09 07:19:11

Colour catchers are brilliant - I don't even bother to separate whites and colours anymore now I use them. Have not yet had any accidents

FourArms Tue 29-Sep-09 07:29:15

I do the same as BlueKangeroo. I like DS1's school polo shirts to stay nice and white, so they go in a hot wash with towels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now