Talk

Advanced search

Laundry Question.

(11 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 27-Sep-09 22:10:45

DS2 has some pj's. Red trousers, top with red sleeves and white body. How can I keep the white bit white? I've been washing them in a dark load, but the white bit is turning grey. Same with a navy and white pair.

How can I wash them to avoid the manky greyness?

FritesMenthe Sun 27-Sep-09 22:12:40

Buy a packet of Colour Catchers

Shoppingveggie Sun 27-Sep-09 22:13:39

Hi BAHB

I would put them in a colours wash. I do three types, whites, darks and colours. I would not put them in a darks wash as I would not trust them not to run, whereas if an item of clothing has more than one colour on it, then I assume they won't run.

Hope that helps.

BethAndHerBrood Sun 27-Sep-09 22:18:34

If I use colour catchers, do I wash them in a light or a dark load? Or doesn't it matter?

<wonders when she became so fussy about pyjamas, fgs!>

booyhoosboydoesntwearpants Mon 28-Sep-09 14:50:10

i would put them in a colour wash with a colour catcher.

Sooty7 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:04:59

Message withdrawn

BethAndHerBrood Mon 28-Sep-09 17:56:11

These pj's are from next, 3 in a pack. I can't put them in a white load, that just seems wrong!

Actually, DH put the red and white top in a white load, and turned everything a pale shade of pink! Not a good look for DS1's school shirts!

Sooty7 Tue 29-Sep-09 06:41:03

Message withdrawn

BlueKangerooWonders Tue 29-Sep-09 07:05:12

<fears she may be just too, too here..>

I have separate whites wash - 'plain white' and 'white with colours/ trim/ edging/ patterns' etc. That's what I'd put the pj's on!

"Surely if the top with red sleeves has white body then it is designed NOT to run?" Not sure if I agree - don't think the designers have much thought about how the clothes will be looked after, just that they'll look good when they are sold!

Romanarama Tue 29-Sep-09 07:19:11

Colour catchers are brilliant - I don't even bother to separate whites and colours anymore now I use them. Have not yet had any accidents

FourArms Tue 29-Sep-09 07:29:15

I do the same as BlueKangeroo. I like DS1's school polo shirts to stay nice and white, so they go in a hot wash with towels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: