Talk

Advanced search

Space dilemma - workable kitchen, or table to eat at?

(4 Posts)
colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 11:07:02

I have just chucked out my (broken) table and chairs. Suddenly my kitchen isn't tear-jerkingly tiny any more. There is space to move. I'm not constantly banging myself as I walk by.

but with a 3 and 6 year old, eating on the floor isn't a long term viable option.

What should I do? Whatever I do has to be affordable, I was hoping for hints and tips as to what sort of thing I should be looking for, and I will try to find a second hand option.

The table I had was a fold down one, but it was the chairs that took up all the room, really.

MrsBadger Sun 27-Sep-09 11:11:35

folding chairs to tuck under the folded table thus?
both leaves fold down and the chairs go in that cupboardy bit

many on ebay

risingstar Sun 27-Sep-09 16:57:43

we had one like mrs badger. put it against the wall and only pulled one leaf out, it worked really well.

dreamteamgirl Sun 27-Sep-09 18:42:49

I have this table Wilkinsons
Its awesome, and takes up so so little space. Perfect for me, AP and DS to eat breakfast at- we also have a stool that comes in from lounge or cloakroom when there are 3 of us, but often its just 2 so ideal. My mum has a slightly longer one from Littlewoods catalouge here

And the chairs take up no room at all as they snug directly into it- maybe an extra inch overall on the table?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now