Talk

Advanced search

Non toxic cleaning products

(10 Posts)
fairybubbles Sat 26-Sep-09 07:57:32

Morning all!

I was intoxicated yesterday shock(gave OH bottle of flash and asked him to clean bathroom)he must have used half a bottle in one go even though there was no visible dirt? I told him to stop and opened all the windows!

I have now decided to renew all my cleaning products with nontoxic ones. I currenlty have 1 bottle of Method (pink grapefruit) multi purpose which is great on kitchen surfaces and smells lovely, but I'm looking for other suggestions.

I need some multi purpose, some sort of wood cleaner for laminate and solid furniture, tiolet cleaner, multipurpose for sinks, worktops etc so what can you MN recommend??

Indith Sat 26-Sep-09 08:21:19

Floors- few drops of tea tree oil and a squeeze of washing up liquid in warm water.

Surfaces etc- spray bottle with soap flakes (dissolve in a bit of hot water) tea tree and vinegar.

Loo- Shake some bicarb down there, add a good slug of vinegar and scrub.

Furniture- doesn't need anything apart from a wipe down with a damp cloth to remove dust. Nice wooden stuff give it some tlc occasionally with some beeswax.

fairybubbles Sat 26-Sep-09 17:51:57

thanks indith, i've got some tea tree oil in bathroom cabinet, good way to use that up and I've been meaning to get some bicarb anyway to try as a stain remover...

thanks for your suggestions will def give them a go x

geekage Sun 27-Sep-09 23:40:19

These are good products. M&S natural. You can check out the safety information on each product.

http://www.productsafetyinfo.co.uk/HomeCare.htm

alypaly Sun 27-Sep-09 23:49:40

sodium bicarb is good for fridges

catinthehat2 Mon 28-Sep-09 00:16:51

So where do you get bicarb in decent sized containers rather than the pots with about 50g for cake making? That wouldn't last through one toilet cleaning session round here.

Serious question!

alypaly Mon 28-Sep-09 00:17:58

ask the chemist to order a 500g or 1kg bag in and they can normally get it from their wholesalers the next day

catinthehat2 Mon 28-Sep-09 00:19:35

THanks for the scarily swift response! Nightnight AP!

alypaly Mon 28-Sep-09 00:20:23

that oksmile

fairybubbles Wed 30-Sep-09 06:50:05

thsnks for all the replies..

the M&S stuff looks good.

It will be a gradual process of changing everything over, don't think I could replace it all at the one time.
def going to order a large bag of bicarb too!

Wthanks again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now