Talk

Advanced search

Do you have Ikea kitchen knives?

(9 Posts)
mrsgboring Fri 25-Sep-09 21:00:34

Are they any good?

Prunerz Fri 25-Sep-09 21:03:58

We got 2 veg knives for a fiver in about 1998, they are still going strong.

mrsgboring Fri 25-Sep-09 21:10:08

Thanks Prunerz - sounds promising.

fairybubbles Sat 26-Sep-09 07:50:46

We have 1 and its really good. It cost under £5. When we need more will definatley go to ikea

esselle Sat 26-Sep-09 08:19:30

I've got 3 and they are great. I also bought a knife sharpener at the same time which keeps them nice and sharp.

I would recommend them, they do the job and the don't cost much!

ninedragons Sat 26-Sep-09 08:42:52

I used to, but then I became a Japanese knife snob.

Ikea knives are good value for money. They're certainly better than a lot of other cheap knives.

fatjac Sat 26-Sep-09 09:43:42

Interesting I had never thought about Ikea for knives.

After 17 years of marriage I really need some decent ones and have been looking at Global knives. If I got Ikea ones I could afford to replace some of my old pots as well. Mind you every time I go to Ikea I end up spending loads on tat that i never knew i needed so maybe ordering the Global knives would be cheaper in the long run!

bacon Fri 02-Oct-09 15:05:19

I'm a knife snob - cheap knives are hardwork they bend, go blunt and false economy. I've recently bought a new bread knife (hi-light of the week) by Victorinox through the Nisbits catalogue - hallelujah! talk about quick. I'd love to have Global but suppose if I bought a knife a month it would be ok.

Like everything you get what you pay for!

alypaly Fri 02-Oct-09 15:10:47

fatjac..my BF bought me a set of Global knives for my last birthday...they are amazing. They are the sharpest knives i have ever had and will probably outlast me.
He got them from John Lewis(they are mega expensive...BUT WORTH IT)
I went to Costco the other week and they had a set of Globals in stock, which were different knives from the 6 he got me(and alot cheaper) so i bought those to complete my setin the 12 knife block.

I love cooking and i have always wanted a set of good knives.
There is a special sharpener you can get for them too that JL sells..worth getting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now