Talk

Advanced search

Got a quote for a one off "spring" clean - £275 :(

(8 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Thu 24-Sep-09 21:05:36

I've been really ill off and on for months and the house shows it. DH does loads of an evening but the house is still looking shitty. I am in really poor health with no energy, pain etc and its just awful. I am however quite houseproud by nature. So I decided to get a couple of quotes for a one off spring clean (it needs it ) and then regular maintenance cleans til I am in better health as at the moment I am even looking into applying for DLA etc. I am really embarrassed about my house and I hate to admit it.

I had a lovely lady from a cleaning firm over today, she then emailed me a quote through for the one off clean - £275!!!!!! shock it seems extortionate to me! I mean I'm not being funny, my house does need cleaning but we arent talking Kim & Aggie cleaning! Really! I was less horrified at the fortnightly clean of £37 but there is no way I can pay that for a one off clean.

I have another company coming round tomorrow. Feel really down about it. I just wish I could do it without seeing stars and getting dizzy spells.

ReneRusso Thu 24-Sep-09 21:59:07

That does sound an awful lot. Does that include carpets windows etc? Have you got Molly Maids near you? Could be worth a try.

hereidrawtheline Fri 25-Sep-09 08:13:28

it includes hoovering and inside of windows like with regular window cleaner. I dont know about a Molly Maids - I have another just local company coming round this morning at 10 so will cross my fingers with them. I am willing to pay for what is fair hard work but £275 just seems a huge amount really.

kylesmybaby Fri 25-Sep-09 09:01:49

would you not be better off getting a good cleaner and then giving her extra hours in the beginning to get on top of everything.

i worked for a company and we did exactly the same on the one off clean as on a normal clean - just all in one day.

kylesmybaby Fri 25-Sep-09 09:02:39

how many hours did they say you would get? you can work out the hourly rate and compare?

hereidrawtheline Fri 25-Sep-09 09:24:48

the quote didnt say how many hours or people doing it but its a good idea to add extra hours in the beginning

ChasingSquirrels Fri 25-Sep-09 09:28:06

do you need the one off clean? I agree with just getting a cleaner in and having some extra hours at the beginning, or directing the normal hours towards different things for a few weeks.

£10ph seems pretty average so your £37pf could easily be 2hrs per week which would help to get and keep on top of things.

hereidrawtheline Fri 25-Sep-09 12:45:04

well lady who came today was lovely and her company is starting asap without a one off clean but fortnightly cleans, £35 per time, 2 cleaners and I think its 2 or 3 hours each time. Which is brilliant! She was so fair and honest and open I really appreciated it. She'll start Monday cant wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now