Talk

Advanced search

Latest veg box crisis....

(6 Posts)
misspollysdolly Thu 24-Sep-09 14:28:16

OK so following last week's frustration at heavily seeded seedless grapes (!) - this week's offering is much better - I now find myself with a fridge full of cabbage (one from last week, one from this week and one ancient but extremely hardy one from ages ago). Now we do like cabbage but this is reaching a surplus level...can I freeze chooed cabbage?? Do I need to balnch it or something first...? Or just chop and freeze?! Somebody advise me please!! Think I will not be needing a veg box next week!!

geogteach Thu 24-Sep-09 14:47:39

don't think you can freeze it but coleslaw is good for using it, and put some in minestrone soup. sounds like you need a menu plan with lots of cabbage next week.

misspollysdolly Thu 24-Sep-09 14:50:56

That should have been 'CHOPPED' cabbage...no idea what CHOOED cabbage would be unless it involved fashioning into some kind of shoe....grin

caykon Thu 24-Sep-09 14:58:46

I had this problem a while back and googled cabbage recipes
Did a cabbage and potato flan/quiche which everyone enjoyed. Certainly made me realise how much you could do with cabbage

misspollysdolly Thu 24-Sep-09 16:59:06

Googling as we speak...!

JetLi Fri 25-Sep-09 21:27:46

Ooh - try this Jane Grigson recipe, shamelessly poached by Tamsin Day-Lewis. Don't skimp on seasoning the layers of cabbage.
Tis lush and deceptively straightforward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now