Talk

Advanced search

How do you get rid of moths?

(10 Posts)
littlestmummystop Wed 23-Sep-09 19:33:35

I literally have them everywhere.

I have the sticky moth catcher things, but can't find where they are coming from.

What do I do? Help!

CybilLiberty Wed 23-Sep-09 19:34:52

Aren't cedar balls supposed to be good?

sarah293 Wed 23-Sep-09 19:38:33

Message withdrawn

littlestmummystop Wed 23-Sep-09 19:45:13

What kind of spray? I have cedar balls, the sticky stuff. . .

Flat starting to resemble insect graveyard

hester Wed 23-Sep-09 19:50:25

They are a bugger to get rid of. We ended up ripping up all our carpet - check under your beds and wardrobes, as Riven says, because that could well be their bunker. Take all your clothes out, clean them, clean inside your wardrobes and doors. But if they are infested in the carpet that is harder to deal with. We live in a small flat and reverting to wooden flooring was the answer for us - they've never come back - but if that's not an option for you I'd get your carpets professionally treated.

Millarkie Wed 23-Sep-09 19:50:56

Have you checked your food cupboards for caterpillars? We had indian meal moths a year or so ago, they grow in all sorts of food - flour, nuts, stock cubes. Had to chuck out most of our food, clean cupboards and put new stock into glass jars.

CarGirl Wed 23-Sep-09 19:52:36

with great difficulty.

Friend had to get a professional in!!!!

Something to do with they've changed the availability of over the counter chemicals that kill them.

They like wool/natural fibres.

Millarkie Wed 23-Sep-09 19:54:50

And we had carpet moths under the bed in our last house - right in the middle at the top in a little patch that obviously the hoover couldn't reach very well! Didn't find them til the day we moved house though blush

StrictlySazz Wed 23-Sep-09 19:55:22

We have just taken up our wool mix carpet and thrown away the wool rug. I now have polypropelene carpet and rug and polyester curtains. It is a nightmare and we found no other way which worked i;m afraid. We did have the plug in ultraviolet light things which killed many, but not all sad

Aranea Wed 23-Sep-09 20:00:55

If they're everywhere, there will be eggs everywhere. You need to get the professionals in. And you will need to hot-wash or dry clean all your clothes, coats, blankets etc etc when the spraying has been done. Urgh. I have been there and I hate them so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now