Talk

Advanced search

More toy storage questions... Ikea Trofast or GLTC Lazzari

(12 Posts)
Pinkjenny Wed 23-Sep-09 09:43:02

I can't decide. A friend has the Lazzari and it just looks beautiful. The combination we need comes to £140, and the Ikea Trofast doesn't come up that much cheaper (she lies) to be honest, and isn't as pretty grin

Anyone have any experiences of either?

this or this with white boxes?

For the lounge.

Pinkjenny Wed 23-Sep-09 10:12:10

Dullsville bump

sleepwhenidie Wed 23-Sep-09 11:11:29

For the lounge? Get the Lazzari, it is great quality and v pretty as you say. I bought it for DS's room and I'm really pleased with it. Ikea just isn't as sturdy/nicely finished, which is what you'd expect, for the price. If you were skint and getting it for the kids room then I'd say Ikea but in the lounge you are going to have to look at it quite a lot, every day - worth the extra IMHO.

Pinkjenny Wed 23-Sep-09 11:12:39

I agree with you. In fact I may print that paragraph off and show dh.

HolidaysQueen Wed 23-Sep-09 11:15:41

I beg to differ sleepwhenidie - the white Trofast is really nicely finished actually. A lot of Ikea stuff is crap, but a lot is surprisingly good quality for the price and I think Trofast is one of those.

I actually think the Trofast is fab. It has dealt with all sorts of 18mo DS's antics and I have a friend with 3 boys who has the same and loves it.

Trofast boxes have the advantage of being wipe clean and easily washable too. And you can buy different size boxes so e.g. have some small drawers for things like pens, paper etc. and then some bigger ones for toys.

TheBalladofGayTony Wed 23-Sep-09 11:15:48

the gltc is wildly more expensive. you could paint the ikea one to make it as cutesy

Pinkjenny Wed 23-Sep-09 11:18:46

<nods> Yes, this is also true.

TheBallad - I was trying to ignore that grin

HolidaysQueen Wed 23-Sep-09 11:30:55

The Trofast is good as well cos you can use the tops of the two lower levels as bookshelves IYSWIM, as you have the side to lean them against.

Have I convinced you yet?

clumsymum Wed 23-Sep-09 11:35:20

We've got the Trofast too in ds's room. Actually it is pretty sturdy, and gives you lots of space on top to stack board games/jigsaws etc etc.

That said, I'm not sure it's lounge furniture. We bought ours in order to move a load of Ds's stuff upstairs out of the living room.

CarGirl Wed 23-Sep-09 11:39:38

I'd like to see how the GLTC looks after 6 years abuse use, our trofast is still excellent and I love it even more now that I've bought lids for the boxes (keeps dust out)

Pinkjenny Wed 23-Sep-09 12:40:15

Still confused. I think half the reason I wanted the GLTC is the fact that it looks so attractive, and it will be in my lounge. Having said that, it will be tucked in the corner of the room, so not glaringly obvious.

andirobobo Wed 23-Sep-09 13:16:52

<<waves to PJ - hope you are well!!!>>

THe GLTC stuff is great but pricey - I got some cube storage for DS and it is fab.

We also have Trofast but in the pine as it is a few years old, and that is great but basic.

If it was me - I would go for the GLTC stuff as it will be in the lounge - cant you get a MN discount off it though - say like 10% which will bring the cost down? It also gets delivered as well and saves the hell of actually going to Ikea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now