Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

why am i good one day and crap the next?

(14 Posts)
booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 21:54:40

yesterday i was in great form, got lots done, without effort, felt satisfyingly exhausted by the end of the day.

but today i feel really lethargic and its an effort to do everything. i've literally only managed dishes, washing and meals. no housework done at all.

whats going on and how can i find a happy medium?

Doodlez Tue 22-Sep-09 21:56:00

You've found a happy medium hmm

One day on/one day off - what's the problem? grin

booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 22:02:57

cause today the living room looks like the toybox exploded, the bathrooms need a really good clean, and i can nearly hear the dust bunnies upstairs.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 22-Sep-09 22:02:58

Maybe on the days you're on great form you actually burn yourself out, especially if you work to the post of exhaustion.

Try Flylady - I particularly enjoy the 15 minute rests - although I extend them to 30 mins to avoid the burn-out!

colditz Tue 22-Sep-09 22:03:45

Cos you're a human being and not a cleaning automaton?

booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 22:05:12

i keep seeing flylady mentioned here and think its not for me but you know what im gona try it.

'burn myself out' i like that, shall tell OH ive burnt myself out, he'll have to take over!! grin

bigchris Tue 22-Sep-09 22:09:40

you dont need to clean everyday
do you think those of us who work full time do?
I clean once a fortnight if that

booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 22:16:47

when i worked we were out of the house so no mess was created but now that me, ds1 (4) and ds2 (4 months) are at home there just always seems to be mess. i clear up and 5 minutes later more mess but baby needs fed/changed/settled or ds1 wants a drink/attention or the door goes or the phone rings or i need to go and get milk yadda yadda yadda.

there just always is something needing done.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 22-Sep-09 22:29:42

Can you rotate what you clean during the week?
Ie. Monday bathrooms, Tuesday living room, Wednesday hall etc.
Rather than only feeling like you're cleaning if you're doing the whole house at once, which is exhausting.
Or see how you find Flylady.

cheesesarnie Tue 22-Sep-09 22:31:59

im like that!i'll be great for 3 dats max,then i think i'll have a day off.then i have another,and anothergrinlifes to short!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 22-Sep-09 22:33:40

<whispers> cleaner, Mondays and Wednesdays, I only ever clean on a Friday blush

Works for me.

grin

booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 22:56:50

the plan (in my head) goes like this

monday- hoover + mop downstairs + dusting
tuesday- bathrooms + windows
wednesday- hoover + mop upstairs + ironing
friday- hoover downstairs

i also only do washing on these days.

thursday is a day i dont have to leave the house except for school run so i try to keep it as free as possible so i can be really lazy all day if i want or i can take ds' out for the day if i want. and i like to keep the weekend as a weekend.

booyhoo Tue 22-Sep-09 22:58:14

gosh my life is dull

sweetrae Wed 23-Sep-09 15:29:41

Hi everyone. I've got a crack down my loved mirror and I'm wandering if anyone has any creative ideas on how I might decorate the mirror rather than get rid of it?

A long shot?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now