Talk

Advanced search

where do you keep your laundry basket?

(46 Posts)
cheesesarnie Sat 19-Sep-09 13:06:10

i keep ours in our kitchen(no idea why).but in new house kitchen is smaller and conected to front room soooooo.....

bathroom,bedroom???

weegiemum Sat 19-Sep-09 13:08:10

Inside the cupboard at the top of the stairs.

has always worked well for us!

cheesesarnie Sat 19-Sep-09 13:09:16

just realised what a random question it is.grin

please ignore me.

bigTillyMint Sat 19-Sep-09 13:15:00

Do you mean the one dirty clothes go in or the one you put the stuff to go on the line / be ironed in?

Both are in out bedroom as I don't know where to fit the second one downstairs and so struggle around with wet/ dry washing all the time smile

cheesesarnie Sat 19-Sep-09 13:25:55

dirty washing-whats ironing???

bigTillyMint Sat 19-Sep-09 13:27:06

grin I don't really iron anything - it's just to keep it in till my mum comes to stay!

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 19-Sep-09 13:27:44

1 in our room.
1 in the dc room.
1 on the landing.
1 in the kitchen

blush

cheesesarnie Sat 19-Sep-09 13:32:43

do your dc actually put dirty washing in theirs??i did think of laundry bags in each bedroom and basket in main bathroom.its a 3 storey house and im not lugging washing every where.maybe i need a dumb waiter thinggrin

Cies Sat 19-Sep-09 13:39:31

In our bedroom.

AnAngelWithin Sat 19-Sep-09 13:44:51

dirty washing basket is under a worktop that runs along the back wall of our kitchen which is where i fold all the washing etc and put it into the 'clean buckets' ready for the kids to take up. They have one of those each blush

Itsjustafleshwound Sat 19-Sep-09 13:47:23

Dirty washing is where it should be - stored in th washing machine - and switched on by the person when they notice when full (i.e. me!!) ?? Why add to chore of washing???

ilikeyoursleeves Sat 19-Sep-09 13:48:11

We have a big laundry basket in our bedroom to dump dirty clothes in, DC's have one in their room (a pop up toy basket) and I use a pop up toy basket to transport the laundry downstairs, this lives squeezed in between washing machine and dryer.

Oliveoil Sat 19-Sep-09 13:48:26

in my laundry room

my life is complete. I have a room dedicated to doing laundry

cheesesarnie Sat 19-Sep-09 13:52:57

olive oilgrinmaybe i should sleep in the shed and use our bedroom as a laundry room?

bigTillyMint Sat 19-Sep-09 13:54:32

DC'c do put their washing in their baskets, and they put away their stuff if I take it to their rooms.

Pop-up toy baskets sound like a fab idea - another excuse to go to ikea!

littlejo67 Sun 20-Sep-09 17:41:03

We have a good sized cloakroom upstairs which has two wood washing bins that I got from Argos. They look quite smart. One for whites, one for colours. Most of the washing comes out the bedrooms so it works well for us. Kids just pop their clothes in. If I kept them downstairs they would be to lazy to take their clothes to the utility and therefore leave stuff on their bedroom floor!

JemAtTheParrotsTable Sun 20-Sep-09 17:44:17

The laundry basket is in my bedroom, however it is hardly used, due to the extreme difficulty of -lifting the lid up to shove dirty washing in- that plagues the other 5 members of my household.

Soo- the top of the stairs is where most people dump their dirty clothes in my house.

girlsyearapart Sun 20-Sep-09 17:59:49

Tis a random one but we have 1 on the landing outside our room (loft room) and 1 in the main bathroom which is mostly for kids clothes.

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 18:02:54

Drawstring bags on the landings..but the mother ship is in the futility room.

Yuck to having it in the kitchen

mrsjammi Sun 20-Sep-09 18:04:49

Message withdrawn

Morosky Sun 20-Sep-09 18:05:07

laundry room.

nancy75 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:07:48

do you really keep your dirty knickers in the kitchen?
1 in the bathroom and 1 in our bedroom.

Flamesparrow Sun 20-Sep-09 18:11:04

Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.

(You will put your bloody socks in one of them!!!)

LittleMissBliss Sun 20-Sep-09 18:11:41

Ours in the bedroom, but I often put washing straight into the machine as it's on every day (often more than oncehmm) and fills up fast. We are only a family of three (soon four) But have endless amounts of bloody washing.

PortBlacksandResident Sun 20-Sep-09 18:12:28

I know this is going to sound bonkers after my 'i don't have kitchen work surfaces or a settee' revelation on the other thread but....i haven't got one.

<wonders what other wonders of modern living she's missing out on>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now