Talk

Advanced search

Bright orange Tommee Tippee baby bottles - HELP!

(8 Posts)
frazzledoldbag Fri 18-Sep-09 21:20:02

I usually wash my Tommee Tippee BPA free bottles in a washing up bowl of soapy water before sterilising them. BUT last night my darling DH put them in the dishwasher (with a pan that contained the remnants of spaghetti bolognese sauce) and my lovely bottles have come out orange.
WHAT CAN I DO? I wondered about bleaching them but am scared to do that in case the plastic absorbs some bleach which will then go into the baby milk (IYSWIM). They are only a few wks old so I don't want to chuck them out and buy more (they are bloody expensive).
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

geordieminx Sat 19-Sep-09 19:15:24

Wash them again in the dishwasher. I have done this loads. Although I'm sure the orange-ness from the spag-bol wont do any harm grin

oopsacoconut Sat 19-Sep-09 19:34:22

I sterelised my orange ones and they are still used and orange. I have 2 type of TT bottle, one very clear plastic with black number and then some cloudy plastic with imprinted numbers. The clear ones clean and the staining comes off. The cloudy ones have been orange for months.

MmeLindt Sat 19-Sep-09 19:37:03

I seem to remember the Tupperware lady saying that olive oil gets the stains out.

Not sure if that is true, but it can't do any harm.

frazzledoldbag Mon 21-Sep-09 09:51:22

Thanks - mine are the cloudy plastic BPA free ones and are bright orange now.....they look horrible. Will give olive oil a try but can't see how that might work - anyone know if bleach is safe to use (diluted) obviously?

SoupDragon Mon 21-Sep-09 09:52:55

Leaving them in sunlight might do it. If you can find any.

Scootergrrrl Mon 21-Sep-09 09:55:21

Soak them in lemon juice and water.

frazzledoldbag Mon 21-Sep-09 10:18:44

Sunlight would be nice but I'm in Scotland......and it's grey, grey, grey today.
Will get some lemons though and give that a go - thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now