Talk

Advanced search

do you have maggots in your wheelie bin ???????

(8 Posts)
swimmer1962 Thu 17-Sep-09 10:57:07

hi all im trying to find out if maggots in wheelie bins are a big problem.i had a major problem last year so i came up with a very cheap,100% effective idea that will stop the need for bleach,boliling water,double bagging,salt,etc.if anyone would comment on this it would be much appreciated.im basically trying to find out if its worth me selling my product or just using it myself.any comments good or bad are fine. thanks all

ChopsTheDuck Thu 17-Sep-09 10:58:35

nope, but I had them in the kitchen bin. Would it work for that?

RubyrubyrubyRevel Thu 17-Sep-09 10:58:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carrotfly Thu 17-Sep-09 11:01:48

Never had maggots in any of my bins.

<< thinks I'd better check just in case ...>>

Now if your thinking of selling something that gets rid of carrot fly on your carrots I'm interested !

ThingumyandBob Thu 17-Sep-09 11:20:39

In a few months we are going to weekly collection of food that we have to keep in a caddy and we won’t be allowed to wrap the meat in plastic I’m worrying about maggots in the summer already, yuk.

So yes sounds good….have you done a survey yet on survey monkey? My friend did it and asked all her facebook friends…

twirlymum Thu 17-Sep-09 11:39:40

We have a weekly collection for food waste. We have a large wheelie bin and a small caddy by the kitchen door. We get maggots quite a lot.
We can't do anything apart from boiling water, as it is all recycled and we would be fined by the council if anything else was used. What is your idea?

swimmer1962 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:15:35

hi all that was a fast response so a few quick answers . yes it would work for kitchen bins, no idea what carrot fly is,it would be something i would be selling if theres a market.at the moment im making prototypes and doing a bit of market research. thankd for the survey monkey idea. thanks guys for responding.

Carrotfly Thu 17-Sep-09 12:45:30

grin

they are a type of maggot I have in my garden. Big pests too as they cause havoc in my veggie plot !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now