Talk

Advanced search

if you could design your dream kitchen...

(8 Posts)
booyhoo Wed 16-Sep-09 22:20:35

what would it be like?

what would you have in it?

separate utility or appliances in kitchen?

big or small?

separate dining room?

anything else ive not mentioned

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 16-Sep-09 22:43:04

What like, blank canvas forget my kitchen is actually 2ft by 3ft? (not quite but you get what I mean...)

I would have:
A separate utility room for the washing machine, other junk and laundry stuff

A big kitchen open plan to dining room and an open plan conservatory area with a sofa in it.

I'd have white shiny cupboards with walnut work top. I haven't quite worked out what flooring would go with that, cos the rest of our house is woodblock, so two woods together might be a problem...

Erm, and I wouldn't have those stupid lights under cupboards. Why do I want ot see the dirt under the cupboards?

Do you have a blank canvas?

cece Wed 16-Sep-09 22:45:20

Oh MaRY YOU HAVE JSUT PRETTY MUCH DESCRIBED MY NEW KITCHEN! Whoops sorry about caps. Have a look at my profile pics. Just having the flooring done at the moment, we have gone for Amtico tiles.

foofi Wed 16-Sep-09 22:48:08

Am having a new kitchen put in at the moment - it is pretty hellish but hopefully will be worth it. I'm worried that I should have gone from something more modern, but too late now. It has separate utility and we have separate dining room, but will probably still have a table in the kitchen.

foofi Wed 16-Sep-09 22:49:57

I like your worktops Cece.

booyhoo Wed 16-Sep-09 22:50:48

sadly no blank canvas.

im just that dull that when i dream, i dream of kitchens.

one day.

cece, that looks fab. jealous now.

mumonthenet Wed 16-Sep-09 23:04:03

I have a big kitchen, and generally it's ok but..

this is what I would do if I redesigned it.

put the fridge freezer much closer to the oven, sink etc.

incorporate an "island" so that the working area was smaller.

Put the breakfast area at the other end (where the fridge freezer is now...I end up walking miles every night!!)

- have loads more drawers for everything instead of cupboards. I.e. deep drawers, shallow drawers, narrow drawers, wide drawers, etc......

Have a sink in the utility area.

mumonthenet Wed 16-Sep-09 23:06:57

fab kitchen cece.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now