Talk

Advanced search

I love my overhead airer!

(8 Posts)
badgermonkey Wed 16-Sep-09 20:40:52

When we moved in 18 months ago, I noticed there were pulleys in the kitchen ceiling for an airer. I ummed and aahed about buying one for a while before taking the the plunge a couple of weeks ago and buying this: www.lakeland.co.uk/traditional-airer/F/keyword/airer/product/8849

And I love it! It's so easy and I love the fact the clothes are out of the way. It takes one generous load, including undies, and I've found putting a load on it after dinner and taking it down when I get in works well - they're dry by then (apart from the thickest jeans etc which only need an hour or two over the back of a chair or on a radiator) and that avoids the cooking smells. Also, when I walk into the kitchen it smells lovely, all clean-washingy and homely. And it looks nice when there aren't clothes on it.

So if anyone else is undecided, I recommend mine wholeheartedly.

MaureenMLove Wed 16-Sep-09 20:42:49

Lovely! I've got one for my pots and pans!

PeasPlease Wed 16-Sep-09 20:44:26

I love ours too but we live in a fairly modern house so you do end up with pants on your head sometimes if you aren't careful walking about.

badgermonkey Wed 16-Sep-09 20:45:52

We're lucky to have fairly high ceilings, though not Victorian-high. In my old house it would have looked like I was trying to create an underwear-bunting effect. It just feels so proper and frugal (although I never tumble anything anyway).

TheBalladofGayTony Wed 16-Sep-09 20:47:15

they are fabulous!

newtlover Wed 16-Sep-09 20:51:32

absolutely they are fab
downside - between seasons there are times when it's likely to rain oiutside but heating isn't on, and things can sometimes take too long.
also, ours ALWAYS has stuff on it!

Dumbledoresgirl Wed 16-Sep-09 20:54:02

Great. I want one (they are sometimes called dollies you know). We have had an extension and I now have a utility room, just being fitted out with cupboards etc this week. I am hoping there will still be room for one on the ceiling but I must admit the cupboards are taking up more room than I imagined.

badgermonkey Wed 16-Sep-09 21:00:08

I wonder if there's been a sales increase in them - apparently sales of tumble driers have fallen through the floor. I hate tumble-dried clothes anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now