Talk

Advanced search

Mis shapen pillow - advice needed from MNers who know about this stuff

(4 Posts)
MoonTheLoon Wed 16-Sep-09 17:25:24

Bought DS2 his first ever cot pillow and then he spilt his milk on it. Pillow says it can be washed so followed instructions but it mushed up the filling so much I cannot for the life of me get it flat again. It is all lumpy and one corner will not fill up at all.

Obviously slightly miffed at this as it was not cheap for what is essentially a bit of fill in cotton.

Should I take it back to shop or shall I attempt to cut open and repair? What if I do that and it stays lumpy.

I know this sounds pathetic but I am rubbish with this stuff.

Fizzylemonade Thu 17-Sep-09 07:52:03

I have Ikea ones and when they are wet after being washed I have to break up the filling as it is clumped.

As it dries I go back a few times and again rub the pillow between my hands to redistribute the filling.

You could try re-washing it and doing it again.

I have found in the past that some pillows are beyond saving and have binned them blush

MoonTheLoon Thu 17-Sep-09 09:22:56

But it was brand new! I did all the rubbing and puffing and whacking trying to redistribute. I might take it back and have a go at getting a new one.

SparkyToo Tue 22-Sep-09 13:10:39

I'd take it back if you followed the instructions and it is now all lumpy. I went for this cot bed pillow and duvet and haven't had any problems with the washing/drying, it's been great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now