Talk

Advanced search

Kettle recommendations please

(4 Posts)
Zoya Wed 16-Sep-09 14:29:00

So far this year, we have gone through one fancy stainless steel kettle, and three cheapo plastic ones. I would like not to have to buy a new kettle several times a year. Please can anyone recommend a reliable, durable kettle? If it is reasonably quick to boil and not too noisy, that would be good too. Thanks!

brokenspacebar Wed 16-Sep-09 14:35:37

this looks good, I have a breville one that is similar, lights up blue when it is on the boil, very quick etc... I had to buy a kettle in a hurry when I bought ours, so choice was limited, it wasn't what I really wanted.

I looked at the delonghi (sp) ones they were a nice shape, came in lots of colours, but felt flimsy, wobbly and the lid was annoying, the dualit were similar.

clarea1 Sun 20-Sep-09 21:26:46

we have had a morphy richards one for 7 years, it's shiney stainless steel which i hate as every mark shows up but the damn thing wont die! I'd get a morhy richard again any day, i think it was about £40 and gets a fair bit of use.

pooexplosions Sun 20-Sep-09 22:32:26

I just bought a delonghi icona in scarlet, with matching toaster. Its fab, quiet, and looks beautiful. Not cheap, but has a long guarantee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now