Talk

Advanced search

dont know how to attach curtains to the pole!

(19 Posts)
rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:40:44

please could someone help me out here, i'd be really grateful....

i have a curtain pole already attached to the wall, it has wooden rings on it, and each of these has a tiny ring at the bottm (so i guess these are used to attach curtains).

my curtains have curtain tape attached to the top.

ok, so ihave used 'glider'hook things before, obviously they are no use with wooden pole, and i have curtain hooks, but doesnt seem to make sense, the curtains will slip right off because when i put it through the mini-ring at the bottom of the curtain ring on the pole, the hook hangs upside down....

does any of this make sense to anyone???
please?!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 15-Sep-09 21:42:29

You are putting the hooks on your curtains the wrong way round, they need to face downwards once they are on. wink Then slip them onto the small holes at the bottom of the rings on the pole.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 15-Sep-09 21:48:49

Fluffy's right, you point the hook upwards iyswim, then twist it towards you so it points downward.

Don't forget to measure he pole width and gather the heading up to fit.

And leave one ring outside the bracket so the curtains stay in place and don't slide.

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:53:10

Have you got the right hooks? They need to look a bit like this 9 (and that way up not, as Fluffy says, like this 6)

rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:53:15

hmm, i think im still missing the link here blush

when i tried it i had it so the hook was facing down...but how do i attach the curtain to the curtain hook then? thats what i meant by it would slip off? do i need something else to attach the curtain to the curtain hook?

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:54:33

[[http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/166-6230070A67UC324418M.jpg Here] (I love google image search!)

rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:54:36

Yes 9 is exactly what it looks like...so where does the curtain itself come in?

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:54:59

Argh, but not my linking skills

Here

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Sep-09 21:55:22

If you have it the right way up, it won't slip off though. Are they 9 shaped?

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:56:59

Take the long pointy end, slip upwards through one of the slits on the tape (top, middle or bottom depending on the length you need) then pull the whole hook up and over so the long pointy bit is now pointing down.

Now hook the pointy bit through your curtain ring.

Does that make any sense? grin

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Sep-09 21:57:08

Are you putting the hooks on the curtain header first, then attaching to rings?

rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:57:21

thanks for link, yes they are hooks i have- but where does the curtain go on there? i can loop it through the tiny rings at bottom of curtain rings but then....im left holding my curtians wondering where they go!

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Sep-09 21:57:52

Crapweasel's explanation is good!

rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:58:11

ok, off to give it another try, thanks, will be back...

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Sep-09 21:58:28

Hook them on your curtains first!

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:58:40

See here for a visual aid grin

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 21:59:33

Good luck rosie, we're all rooting for you now smile

rosiejoy Tue 15-Sep-09 22:06:03

got it! thanks for all the help, crap weasel that was great description thanks! grin

Crapweasel Tue 15-Sep-09 22:07:12

Any time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now