Talk

Advanced search

Good quality, cheapish but nice furniture - any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
Conundrumish Tue 15-Sep-09 16:59:49

We waste a lot of space in our house and need to organise some storage making more use of vertical space.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that sells cheap but good quality stuff?

Thanks

CybilLiberty Tue 15-Sep-09 17:02:40

Have you heard of that Swedish place...IKEA I think it's called. grin

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 15-Sep-09 17:04:44

yes you can waste alot of time looking at other shops but ikea will have you in the end. theya re soo much cheaper and nicer than other places.

Conundrumish Tue 15-Sep-09 17:53:24

grin. Is it good quality? I haven't been there for years and thought maybe I was a bit 'old' for IKEA now! is it not just student type stuff?

CybilLiberty Tue 15-Sep-09 19:32:39

Oh no darling, I have some lovely Ikea 'bits' in my home and I think the quality has got better. Most of it lasts for years (we are not talking family heirlooms though)

Heated Tue 15-Sep-09 19:36:42

Ikea do some fab storage, like expedit, billy bookcases and one beginning with 'l' that I can't remember. You can add doors to the bottom half and even extension pieces on the top if you want floor to ceiling storage. Have a look at their website room layouts for inspiration.

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 15-Sep-09 19:38:01

i fyou want cheap it is as good as you get. unless you are going to go for handcrafted ancient oak ikea fits the bill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now