Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you have bedside cabinets or drawers?

(10 Posts)
MissisBoot Tue 15-Sep-09 11:09:26

dull question I know.

Just getting some new bedroom furniture and can't decide which looks better - bedside drawers or cabinet.

Any opinions!?

HeadFairy Tue 15-Sep-09 11:13:12

I have both, a cabinet with drawers at the top... they were from the Pier, so not available any more as they've gone bust, but they've got two drawers at the top, and two louvred doors underneath. We needed extra storage (dh keeps his jumpers in there) hence we got bigger than normal ones.

MissisBoot Tue 15-Sep-09 13:42:20

thank you - I have seen some nice ones with a cupboard under a drawer so may plump for that option!

HeadFairy Tue 15-Sep-09 14:45:09

It does give you somewhere to shove all sorts of junk extra storage

KnickersandVests Tue 15-Sep-09 14:48:58

I have drawers but think either look nice.

Depends what you want to store in them.

I keep lots of cosmetics and crap essentials in mine and DP keeps his pants and socks so drawers suit us best but if you needed to keep larger things then perhaps a cupboard would be better.

TheApprentice Tue 15-Sep-09 14:50:56

we have two full size chests of drawers which double up as bedside tables. I find the small ones a bit too fiddly to be of any use and we're lucky enough to have quite a large bedroom so plenty of room for them.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 15-Sep-09 14:55:28

As a temporary measure (because we can't find any we like) we've each got 2 F&M wicker hamper baskets stacked on top of each other -they are actually the perfect height and look really good but are a bit impractical as you can't get to the contents very easily and the tops are not flat enough to put a drink on.

Ideally I'd like ones with a drawer and a cupboard.

(and before anyone says "oooh F&M how posh" they were acquired through freecycle and a car boot sale smile)

MissisBoot Tue 15-Sep-09 19:48:34

I'm think I'm going for one with a cupboard and drawer as I can stash more junk in there! Thanks

IrishDraught Tue 15-Sep-09 19:50:54

Drawers. A cabinet (one drawer + space under) just gets crammed with stuff and looks awful, or stays clear and wastes space. Unless you get something with 1 (or no) drawers and long legs.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 15-Sep-09 21:11:54

If anyone comes across any nice ones please post links as I can't find any I like

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now