Talk

Advanced search

Scratches on white enamel bath. Anything to minimise damage?

(14 Posts)
galletti Sun 13-Sep-09 21:21:38

Just drained the water from dd's bath and realise that the stainless steel tea strainer I gave her to play with (Iknow, I know, what was i thinking?) has scratched the enamel badly, about five long marks. Anything I can do/get to make it better? Bathroom is so lovely and only three years old, and dh hasn't notied yet - Aagh - just ran him a bath with bubbles so I don't have to explain tonight.

galletti Sun 13-Sep-09 21:22:19

Oops, 'noticed'.

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 13-Sep-09 21:23:46

are they real scratches or just marks, do you think? cos those microfibre cloths will take off long grey marks caused by metal things against enamel.

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 13-Sep-09 21:23:49

are they real scratches or just marks, do you think? cos those microfibre cloths will take off long grey marks caused by metal things against enamel.

galletti Sun 13-Sep-09 21:29:42

Ooh, I don't know now you ask. I did a panicked wipe with a cloth when I saw but nothing more than that - will have a go with a microfibre cloth tomorrow. Thanks.

MummyDoIt Sun 13-Sep-09 21:31:21

If they are real scratches, you can buy special enamel paint. I got some to touch up a scratch on a cooker. Our local hardware shop sold it.

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 13-Sep-09 21:33:00

oh really? i need to buy some of that, a glass bottle bounced out of our medicine cabinet and took a chunk out of the bath. thanks.

MummyDoIt Sun 13-Sep-09 21:41:49

Glad to help! It comes in very small tins so you might have to hunt for it.

fishie Sun 13-Sep-09 21:45:08

i have read somewhere that the kits are variable in quality. i have a really old enamel bath which someone has attempted to patch up and it is lousy. i also have a whole lot of holes on the bottom of bath, sort of pitting.

sometime when i do not have a million other things (ie looking up clothes on internet) to do i will investigate what to do.

galletti Sun 13-Sep-09 21:45:41

Thanks again, will do microfibre thingy tomorrow, and follow up with enamel paint if that fails - or you never know, dh's post running bathwater might have washed it all away (hopeful emoticom)

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 13-Sep-09 21:46:53

i'm pretty sure the cloth will do the trick, tbh. unless your children are Very Strong.

SparkyToo Wed 30-Sep-09 22:33:40

There is a company who come in and re-enamel baths, get rid of scratches etc - just can't remember the name of them. We used them years ago when the shower head came off the shower and left a big dent in the enamel shower tray. I'll have a think/search and come back to this thread.

ladylush Thu 01-Oct-09 15:22:08

Renubath?

mwff Thu 01-Oct-09 15:24:57

i'd be interested to hear if anyone can recommend a kit - somebody has been throwing or dropping things in our bathroom and there's an enormous chip out of the side of the bath angry

we've had those grey scratchy marks on it in the past but they've worn off or something cos they disappeared without my doing anything in particular

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now