Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pampered Chef stoneware users - help please!

(4 Posts)
NaptimeRocks Fri 11-Sep-09 14:42:04

I have a new square baker that I have used twice. I am very happy with it and obviously haven't put it in the dishwasher or used any soap etc. However, although I have wiped it down with water and used the scraper thing, it still has a couple of sticky, oily patches. That can't be right, can it? I know I need to season it, but that just seems skanky! Please help!!

JODIEwantsanewname Fri 11-Sep-09 16:01:31

I have loads of stone wear and alway use soapy water on them, esp. if they get abit 'skanky'!!!!

I would try saoking it in hot water first, but if that fails just a bit of soap and it will be OK...

MrsSantosisafeminist Fri 11-Sep-09 16:18:39

I use soap if I have left something on a bit too long blush. A wee bit now and again won't hurt and you need to get food residue off. You might need to re-season with oil after washing with soap though. I love my dish - does gorgeous roast chicken and fab pizza bases smile but I know some people hate that they don't get really "clean". I am not so fussy grin

NaptimeRocks Fri 11-Sep-09 18:35:11

Thanks for that - will soak in hot water for this and bear in mind what you have both said for the future.

I am loving it so far and I don't think the cleaning thing is going to really bother me that much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now