http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

scattyspice Fri 11-Sep-09 07:52:40

Sunny today (but chilly).

To do:
DS to school
Lidl
lunch
DD to school
Hairdressers for sassy new cut and colour befitting oh so together mum of school age children .
Hope dh remembers to collect dc
tea
Night out with fabulous husband while lovely friend babysits

See yer later.
grin

leothelioness Fri 11-Sep-09 08:00:43

Hi scatty,

I didnot manage to get on to the torum yesterday but did do quite alot around the house
yesterdays list
washing
clean bathrooms
hoover
mop floors
clean kitchen
dw
all done

Todays list
load and unload dw
breakfast done
take DS1 to school done
lunch
ironing
supermarket
dinner

Ds2 is off preschool today as he has a fever. He felt warm to me when I picked him up yesterday and when I got home he had a temeperature hopefully he is better later on I really neeed to get to the supermarket.

scatty I am sure you haircut will be fab am very envy I need one too.
Have a lovely time with you dh tonight too!

dylsmum1998 Fri 11-Sep-09 08:11:34

morning
thanks for thread Scatty. haircut sounds good, i need one of those

hello Leo, hope ds is better soon

today done
ds lunch
dc breakfast

to do
shower and dress
breakfast
shower and dress dd
hoover
wash up
mission
s&s bathroom
whats for dinner?
i MUST menu plan i havent been doing it and need t get into the habit again
clean out knife and fork drawer

Starbear Fri 11-Sep-09 09:02:05

Thanks for the thread Scatty together Mum look is good!
Ds at school.Done
Put Ds’s old shoes in shoe charity thingy.
Make beds
Appointment with Solicitors
collect Dh's stuff from repair shop
Shopping for buns & things. Having a crowd around our house on Saturday AM.
Clean Ds’s paints from Patio. I know it’s annoying DH.
Turn out ds’s draws to fit new uniform.
Make shepherds pie for dinner
Save old clothes to take to charity shop
Write card out for god-daughter & post!
Get ds to help me wrap his friend’s present & write card
School meeting at 2.30pm
On wish list. Cut grass & buy sticky labels!
On with the show!

TeaMonster Fri 11-Sep-09 09:13:31

Scatty - I love like a teemager with a pomytale - pmsl

Waves to everyome else

Sum is shimimg - still mo keyboard
We are off to flamimgo lamd, as teacher traimimg day - later ladies

RubysReturn Fri 11-Sep-09 10:19:17

Hi all
slightly better day today. Am pottering and have mate coming round for coffee.

Am trying usual help myself by looking outside of myself. If a friend offered/cajoled/bullied you into working together to decorate your bedroom after flood had destroyed decor as a team effort would that be annoying/intrusive/supportive. Have discovered friend has been in this situation for 2 years. I think she may be a little depressed and lacking motivation to start. I think a lovely bedroom would be a nice haven, but don't want to overstep the mark. It is really meant as a supportive gesture, but don't want to seem as if criticising her home. What do you think?

scattyspice Fri 11-Sep-09 10:46:27

No harm in suggesting it ruby*.

*tea
My mind is boggling at you 'loving like a teemager with a pomytail' grin. Hope flamingo land goes well.

Hi leo dyl and star.

ActingNormal Fri 11-Sep-09 10:57:55

Scatty, I love your "Oh so together Mum" phrase, lol. I always feel that if I keep my nails painted and keep the chipped bits painted over (I do it in bed before going to sleep) then I will look like I am 'coping'. Have a great time with your DH and enjoy each other smile {I'm not being rude blush)

Lioness, I hope your DS2 is better soon!

DylsMum, re menu planning - my family must be getting quite bored as we eat roughly the same things every week! (but no need for a different menu plan each week then!). When I have more time without kids, when DS is at school all day instead of half days I might try to learn how to cook some different things.

Starbear, you are good taking things to charity shops! I wish I was more environmental and less lazy!

Ruby, re helping your friend redecorate - I guess it depends how you phrase it. Maybe you could make out you really love decorating and would really enjoy helping her do it, and you think it would cheer her up once it is done? That's really nice of you to want to do that for her smile

I have not achieved ANYTHING so far, hahahahaha. I've decided to do what I want (mess around on laptop) so that I don't feel resentful about devoting myself to the children at the weekend. According to my self imposed timetable for this phase of my life with both children at school, I am supposed to do all my tasks and do all the things I want to do while they are at school and then when they are home, give them my full attention (or higher quality attention than when they were here all the time and I was trying to get things done and cope with their demands at the same time). As I haven't had time to do ALL the household tasks with DS only doing half days, I am gonig to purposely NEGLECT some of them today so that I have me time, which means I will be nicer to them when they are home.

I'll do a few essential things when they are both home later, in between doing things with them, so I won't be giving them my full attention, but I am saving my full attention for the weekend! I resolve to try to let DH be really lazy at weekends because his job is so horrific, and to keep the children 'nice' for him, because he doesn't get ANY time on his own and I will have every morning to get my thoughts in order and do a bit of what I want as well as household tasks when both kids are full time at school.

Wolfcub Fri 11-Sep-09 11:15:26

morning all

done

dry washing folded
wm unloaded, reloaded and on
wet washing hung up
took dp to bus station
tool ds to nursery
filled car with diesel
rubbish out
dw unloaded reloaded and on
quick kitchen tidy
kitchen surfaces cleaned
bathroom cleaned
living room vaccumed
kitchen floor swept
went to docs and chemist
had cuppa with mum
our bed made
ds's bed made
very brief 5 minute tidy upstairs (doesn't look any better really)
wm unloaded and reloaded
washing hung outside

waiting for gas man to come, will do some more jobs in and amongst

then I need to go to the registry office and pick up the certificate of no impediment and then taking heavily pregnant friend out for cake before picking ds up from nursery

Starbear Fri 11-Sep-09 11:33:28

Morning All*
*TM
Have chatted with friend this morning re home time meltdown. She reports she had this happen to her yesterday. We have agreed sticky bun need to be prescribed to new schoolies. grin
ActingNormal Ds is full-time straight away and I feel at 3.30pm I'm mentally refreshed to play with him and even do arts and crafts! What does your DH do?
Charity shop thing it's mainly because my house is sooo small I have no more room in the loft blush
Right tick list
Make beds done
Solicitors done Bugger passed the repair shop and forgot to collect stuff angry
A bit of a house tidy including jammy marks on tables and windows done
Okay off to the shops now!

Makingchanges Fri 11-Sep-09 11:42:14

Morning all

Hope everyone is well. Tea - Jealous of Flamingo Land - we once stayed there for a week and it was brill.

No such luck for an escape here. I've been down the motorway already to drop DD at nursery (she stays at cousins and goes to nursery there 2 days a week - Its a left over from when I was working Full Time but it allows me to study and get on with school)

Done shopping - Its was like Christmas in there - really really busy.

To Do
Washing in
Find pictures to put in bookends
Tidy through underwear baskets and sort into pairs (I hate not being able to find matching socks)
Make breadcakes as running low on bread
Sort through WW books to menuplan for next week - I'm going to give it a good bash at being organised plus my courses start next week so I'm out three nights, in schools 4 days, its my birthday on the 4th night and we go away for the weekend on the fifth so no time to be disorganised.
Am wanting to get to gym, spurred by my walk yesterday but I'm waiting for a phonecall so will only get to go if that happens.
Trout for tea - need to work out how to cook it - Impulse buy - seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back later

SimplyIsGoingToLearnToFLY Fri 11-Sep-09 12:24:52

Hello to all.

Makingchanges I buy fish when dh will be home at tea time to help me cook it! blush I'm more confident cooking a salmon joint than cooking fish under the grill though it's easy, really. I'm not confident about timing it correctly so that the fish is ready at the same time as the veg.

RR I think helping someone to redecorate their bedroom is a really nice gesture. I'm sure you'll word it sensitively. smile

Done:-
~ 2 loads of washing
~ 1 load on the line
~ various sewing/mending/hemming bits done
~ unloaded and reloaded d/w

To do:-
~ walk the dog
~ washing up
~ strip bed and wash bedding
~ order more bedding
~ write and post anniversary card
~ have decided to post stuff back to Boden on Mon incase anything goes wrong with my dress and shoes on Sat night and then I'll have a spare set
~ e-mail ds' music teacher
~ fill a bin bag with bath towels which are past their best

Okay. I'd better crack on!

grouchyoscar Fri 11-Sep-09 12:29:38

A quick Grouchy Hello to all and a FLY past

Starbear Fri 11-Sep-09 13:25:17

Makingchanges I grill trout whole with garlic, flat leaf parsley & lemon inside the cleaned out fish. (nobody guts a fish at home do they) Medium heat at first then higher near the end This all depends on the size so I won't give you times. I think you can omit the garlic as I'm really big on garlic!
Put Ds’s old shoes in shoe charity thingy.
collect Dh's stuff from repair shop
Shopping Done
Clean Ds’s paints from Patio. I know it’s annoying DH.
Turn out ds’s draws to fit new uniform.
Write card out for god-daughter & post!Done
Get ds to help me wrap his friend’s present & write card
Also told I have to at work on Monday (I'll swap days!) so put laundry on with nice skirt as I won't be wearing my uniform. Now on line. Done
Phone HR re change of working day
Part made Shepherd pie and changed Tea as DH will not be here. DS and I will have Paella. Part made Paella.
Right quick cup of tea and wash hair then go to School meeting at 2.30pm.
Laters! smile

Starbear Fri 11-Sep-09 13:30:17

Phoned HR done smile

galen Fri 11-Sep-09 13:32:47

Hello all ... still need to get in properly in my FLY groove LOL

Week has flown by really - some sense of order gradually returning lol
House getting slowly back to almost decent state....washing mountain decreasing slooooowly

All enjoying lots of lovely long walks on the hill bhind our house with our new doggy in the lovely autumn sunshine!

DS2 teething...again...and generally stroppy - definitely not as well behaved as the puppy LOL

DS1 very tired from first week at Big School - but is enjoying it

Other than that all is calm(ish!)

Pizza for all tonight - hooray, and will treat myself to glass of wine.
Well done all of you that coped with first weeks at school for your littlies!

Will BB at weekend grin

Starbear Fri 11-Sep-09 13:40:50

Hi galen

ActingNormal Fri 11-Sep-09 16:10:39

Galen, pizza for our household too tonight! Friday night is pizza night.

Star, DH works in IT in 4 different cities at the same time with loads of responsibility and pressure and people contacting him whether he is on weekend/holiday or not. If there is a problem that needs to be fixed but it's night time, it doesn't matter, he just has to work through the night and the next day. Loads of different people are on at him about different things from all directions all the time. It just sounds like an impossible job to me but somehow he holds it together!

Hope everyone's kids who have just finished their first week at school have got on well and have a lovely weekend before their second week!

Here is what I have achieved so far today in the way of housework:

NOTHING....hahahahhahahaha!

Now I have to justify my rest by spending loads of good quality time with the kids over the weekend rather than just letting them play on their own. And because I've told you all, I'm going to have to do it or I will look like a muppet on Monday!

leothelioness Fri 11-Sep-09 16:16:47

Todays list
load and unload dw
breakfast done
take DS1 to school done
lunch done
ironing
supermarket done
dinner done

The kitchen look like a tip as the dw need to be loaded and I got no ironing done by oh well!
on the bright side have3 made some yummy lamb chops for dinner.

leothelioness Fri 11-Sep-09 16:21:53

has been a busy day in the lions den but all is goo dhave managed to book us a hoilday for 1 week from next week as it is a public holiday here and we could all use the break, with all the moving etc we had no time fro a holiday this year plus dh is working to stupid o'clock every night and travelling loads so just nned to get away for a bit.

Makingchanges Fri 11-Sep-09 16:25:51

Mmmmm Star your receipe for trout sound gorgeous - I may have to try that

I'm just grabbing a snack and thought i'd post my list of things done so far - its not very good as I found my weding photos and the album i've bought to put them all in and decided to do that instead - now i've found out I need a new album, know I should have bought two.

To Do
Washing in
Find pictures to put in bookends - Done
Tidy through underwear baskets and sort into pairs (I hate not being able to find matching socks)
Make breadcakes as running low on bread
Sort through WW books to menuplan for next week - I'm going to give it a good bash at being organised plus my courses start next week so I'm out three nights, in schools 4 days, its my birthday on the 4th night and we go away for the weekend on the fifth so no time to be disorganised.
Am wanting to get to gym, spurred by my walk yesterday but I'm waiting for a phonecall so will only get to go if that happens.
Trout for tea - need to work out how to cook it - Impulse buy - seemed like a good idea at the time.

Whoops only one thing done from list I have however

Cleaned bathroom sinks, loos and shower cubicle
Cleaned scummy stuff from shower head
Washed down all tiles in the bathroom
Decluttered lotions and potions from bathroom

Does anyone know how to get hair out of sealed plughole in shower cubicle - I think its blocking my shower up as the water isn't draining properly and there is alot of hair in the shower after I've been in (or i'm losing hair)

RubysReturn Fri 11-Sep-09 16:35:40

Firstly - try squirting some immac down plughole to break down any hair.

Secondly - I have an INTERVIEWshock.

Lovely PT, term time job in a school.

Need to get ass into gear to be ready. COme on - give me all your tips and advice!

grouchyoscar Fri 11-Sep-09 16:48:44

Oi! ActingNormal what's wrong with looking like a Muppet exactly? grin

Well, I spent most of this morning having tyea with school mums or talking to my Grandma. I've done 2 hrs at the school and made the pizza dough. Feel wet as I've asked FIL to give us a lift to GOjr's rugby session. Going to have to speak to the Neuro about this constant fatigue hmm

Have great night's all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now