Talk

Advanced search

Watermarks on sofa

(3 Posts)
LissyGlitter Wed 09-Sep-09 13:08:13

I have a green canvasy looking bedsettee which I think is from IKEA (we got it second hand). Anyway, it was pristine when we got it two months ago and already looks really scruffy. I use vanish upholstery cleaner on stains (squirt on, leave for a couple of minutes, rub vigorously with a slightly damp cloth, leave to dry) but it leaves a kind of watermark stain when it dries. We get a lot of stains, since we have a two year old who is potty training and also manages to cover the entire house in food when she eats (generally she eats at the table, but the odd time i let her eat toast or something on the settee). Is there a way of cleaning it that doesn't give us watermarks and how can I remove the ones already there? Or do I need to give in and get a throw?

mum2samandalex Wed 09-Sep-09 14:13:46

we had a cheniile sofa from a DFS cream too! It was meant to have some sort of scotch guard protection which was a load of rubbish as every time anything liquid spilt on it it would leave a water mark.My 18mth emeptied his beakerf of water on it and it dried and left a water mark crazy. We even had a guy come out to clean it and he couldnt do much either. Weve gievn in and have a throw until we can afford leather. If you have any marks on it though we tend to use baby wipes and just give it a little rub wouldnt use anything though.

doggiesayswoof Wed 09-Sep-09 16:35:17

I too have new sofa with watermarks.

DD spilt (a little bit of) water on it when we had had it for 2 weeks and it now has a nice big round mark. The fabric is sort of textured and it's not the sort of thing I thought would mark easily.

I think DS has been at it with his water cup too because lo and behold there is another water mark at the other end.

Christ the thing is less than 2 months old.

If anyone can get rid of watermarks I'd love to know how!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now