Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help - I need a new washing machine

(8 Posts)
Mummyisamonster Wed 09-Sep-09 11:50:26

..my old one's just died on me after 4 years of relentless service and the dirty laundry is piling up at a staggering rate.
Can anyone recommend a machine? Nothing fancy, don't need a combination one etc, but not sure which is a good brand etc.

Many thanks!

deepbreath Wed 09-Sep-09 16:05:35

It must be the time of year for it... mine conked out earlier, and it's under 3 years old. Looks like I'll be washing by hand for a while, as have got no way of getting another machine at the moment.

I wouldn't recommend Ariston or Beko!

norktasticninja Wed 09-Sep-09 16:08:47

4 years shock

Get a Miele if you can at all. They are quite expensive but live forever, I know of several teenage Mieles and I've never heard of anyone having problems with them.

norktasticninja Wed 09-Sep-09 16:09:48

Less than 3 years shock shock

Surely the manufacturer should repair it?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 09-Sep-09 16:11:44

Bosch.

Bosch everything I say. (or meile if you have the money).

DO NOT buy Hotpoint. Ever.

mankymummymoo Wed 09-Sep-09 16:13:41

Love my zanussi.... it has a 1400 spin on it which is spectacular and saves loads of time/money on tumbledrying.

Dont buy Beko... i have a Beko dishwasher and i swear to god the stuff comes out more dirty than it went in !

moonmother Wed 09-Sep-09 16:16:09

We recently needed a new machine, as the bearings were going on ours.

Dp researched loads of different makes on the net, at our price range £250-£350 .

Most sites recommended John Lewis own brand washing machines in this price range.

They actually are AEG machines but have been 'tweaked' a bit exclusively for John Lewis.

We got this one

www.johnlewis.com/230420541/Product.aspx

they also comes with a 3 year guarantee , so if anything goes wrong in that time it will be fixed for free.

It was delivered within 3 days and its a great machine- has a great selection of cycles and works really well.

Mummyisamonster Wed 09-Sep-09 20:19:48

Ah, thank you so much, all very helpful.Pavlov, our old machine was a Bosch so I was a bit gutted that it died after only 4 years. Even the engineer was surpriaed. Having said that their repair team & customer service were excellent.

Have seen the John Lewis own brand and wondered about that so thank you moonmother.

Hey ho, off to John Lewis...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now