Talk

Advanced search

anyone brought a sofa from gratton or without sitting on it....

(4 Posts)
mum2samandalex Wed 09-Sep-09 10:31:46

saw a perfect sized sofa for a good price but never brought a sofa without sitting on it is it worth the risk.

ChopsTheDuck Wed 09-Sep-09 10:35:27

I did, and they have lasted 6 years! We are replacing them this year.

The onyl thing I found is when they arrived they were quite a bit smaller than I imagined. I measured and thought they would be fine, but by the time the arms were taken into consideration, they were a bit tight. Other than that they've been fine, now changing as we need bigger ones.

Is the cahrge for returning very high?

mum2samandalex Wed 09-Sep-09 12:08:52

im not sure-didnt know you could return it. Did you buy it from gratton or somewhere else. The settee im looking at is similar to the one in harveys but abut £500 cheaper and free delivery

ChopsTheDuck Thu 10-Sep-09 09:24:38

I bought 2 sofas from MFi, couldn't drive at the time, so jsut ordered online. But thinking back further I did order one from a catalogue with exh. That was fine too, though a lot bigger than we expected and a slightly brighter colour.

Normally large items from online ordering charge a restocking fee. Looks like gratton charge £12.95 according to their website.

It might still be worth looking around the furniture stores though and sitting on a few. We recently ordered our new sofas for about half price from furniture village and have requested delivery in dec, so we can spread out paying for it a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now