Talk

Advanced search

Tuesday Fly - hello Ruby.

(45 Posts)
scattyspice Tue 08-Sep-09 07:49:19

Morning smile.

scattyspice Tue 08-Sep-09 07:56:14

Kitchen.

Hi all. Hopefully a saner day today for the back-to-schoolers (appropriate use of hyphen Swan?). Except for wendy good luck today smile.

Today:
ds to school
house bleugh
dd to school
banking
photos in album
collect dc
whats for tea??
ds to gymnastics (I think).

Have a good day (hope you're feeling better wolf). BBL

TeaMonster Tue 08-Sep-09 08:10:52

Morning all

Wendy Good luck with first day

DS1 is raring to go and has been in uniform since 6 am !!

We have to collect mum from hospital
Get porridge
Lunch
coumcilimg
Washing
Opticians
playdate
whats for dimmer
Zone clean

BBL

ISimplyCantPostFreelyAnyMore Tue 08-Sep-09 08:25:37

In order to give you all a good laugh - I saw the title and thought "Brill - Ruby's here!" (as I am a big fan of hers) and I skim read the thread and then clicked on the topic to find her on yesterday's thread (are you able to keep up with my nonsensical rambling so far?) and then I suddenly twigged that it was Ruby Tuesday that was being referred to not the FLYer Ruby.

I think I'll now hang out the washing, get showered and dressed, go to work and come back this afternoon. You might just have managed to stop sniggering at me by then.

wink

smile

TeaMonster Tue 08-Sep-09 08:58:05

Simply - Ruby has never left, she is just a cake stealing flyer mow

ISimplyCantPostFreelyAnyMore Tue 08-Sep-09 09:38:15

Ah! A cake stealing FLYer eh? <<Hmmmm. Puts index finger to chin in a "trying to think" pose>> I shall look out for her. Thank you TM.

While I'm here, do you want the good news?

I'm going to be on this thread much more often now! I won't be working (apart from the odd voluntary thing or two) for a while so I'm going to be free to give the house a good de-cluttering!

Right - off to work for my last day!

TeaMonster Tue 08-Sep-09 09:46:23

Comgratuatioms simply smile

I have dome the dishwasher
playdough with DS2

off to the opticians ad toddlers, them to get mother!!

grouchyoscar Tue 08-Sep-09 09:49:12

Morning All

Hit the ground running this morning Out of bed and

Make bed
Wash and meds
Down with laundry, rubbish and crockery
Start porridge
Reboot dishwasher
Load WM and run
Empty TD, Load again and run
Make GOjrs bed
make list of jobs to do
Bags and coats ready
School walk
Home

I will tackle the admin list soon

DH and I are going to see a band in Leeds tonight. I am so looking forwards to it

ActingNormal Tue 08-Sep-09 09:55:16

What is a FLYer? Is this a thread for ticking off chores done/chores to be done?

Starbear Tue 08-Sep-09 10:14:22

Morning all*
*Actingnormal
We are just trying to get our chores/ house in order using a system designed by Marla Cilley in her book Sink Reflections or webiste flylady. You don't need to buy the book or look at her website. It really just is post your chores and share the race with other people until the day is done and some/all or none of the chores are done. At various breaktimes come back chat or tick off your list smile

Starbear Tue 08-Sep-09 10:31:24

Hi again, It has taken me almost an hour to download photos from my camera, some how put it into a file I can use then upload into face book & here! I want to roar like a Dinosaur angry at myself!
Wendy LO is sure to have a great time.
TM Little bear was up at 6.30am ready to go![http://www.mumsnet.com/Profile?nick=Starbear&photos=p Little Starbear]
Hope this works sad
right on with the show!
Have to now go to the solicitors after speaking to DB in Canada re dad's estate.
More mundane things
Empty D/W
Load W/M
Clean Hob
Clean Kitchen floor
Clean Bathroom
Sort out recycling
Phone friends to arrange a curry
E-mail to Council to say thank you for carnival
Run around with a dust cloth, tidying house and spray with polish too look as if it was worth me taking A/L grin

leothelioness Tue 08-Sep-09 10:32:37

Hi all,

Not a good morning in the lions den cs2 was very upset when I left him at school sad
he is having some issues with language problems as the other kids don't speak english and he is a very verbal little boy so I am trying to get him moved to a class with a few mre english speakers. will speak to the preschool director in an hour so wish me luck.

Starbear Tue 08-Sep-09 10:33:00

Oh! blush and book a computor course blush Photo is in my profile really haven't got time to sort it out now!

ActingNormal Tue 08-Sep-09 10:38:03

Please may I join? grin

grouchyoscar Tue 08-Sep-09 10:52:50

Welcome to ActingNormal We just offer supportand chat to each other and it's really great here

ActingNormal Tue 08-Sep-09 11:02:12

Thank you smile

In too much rush to think about the whole day's tasks right now but I have to:

iron shirt for DH for tomorrow

write birthday card for DS's friend

wrap birthday present for DS's friend

collect DS from school 11.15 as he has only just started and is doing half days

take DS to see birthday boy friend

come back in time to collect DD from school

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 08-Sep-09 11:14:22

Hey hey - is there another Ruby or is it me?grin

SImply <<waves frantically grin>>

Yay for spending more quality time with us!

Hi to Acting Normal - you may have to adjust your behaviour to hang out here!

DD3 started school today. Am feeling strange. She is very happy about it, waking every 2 hours to check whether time to get up yet! Only half day though - to get mummies used to it I think.

Makingchanges Tue 08-Sep-09 11:36:25

Argh - no time to read posts yet - I have a mountain of work to do today. DD is due to go back to nursery in less than an hour and she is dillydallying over lunch and DH has put her nursery cardigan somewhere that I can't find.

I'm just marking the thread so I can come back to it when I've dropped DD off and I'm hopefully a little calmer. I really don't like first days back. Hope they all went ok for those whose were back yesterday - will find out later when I catch up.

BBL

Wolfcub Tue 08-Sep-09 12:39:06

afternoon all

done

wm unloaded reloaded and on
dry washing folded and wet washing hung up
ds taken to granny's

bbl

Starbear Tue 08-Sep-09 13:29:17

Afternoon all Cup of tea time smile
Prof& ActingNormal Hope DD3 & DS have a lovely day!
TM to answer yesterday's question, yes, we will move him if the vacancy comes up & put his name down on the waiting list for other good schools in the area. DH is a teacher and strongly believes in peer group pressure and wants Ds's mates to be positive.
Empty D/W Done
Load W/M Done
Clean Hob Done
Clean Kitchen floor Done
Clean Bathroom
Sort out recycling Done
E-mail to Council to say thank you for carnivalDone
Off to clean the bathroom.
Then write letter to have the solicitor look at it.

wendyhappysmile Tue 08-Sep-09 13:44:42

ActingNormal hi and welcome, we are a friendly lot on here and all help each other out during life's many crises smile
Tea thanks for album recommendations. Haven't heard the Eels, will try! I am currently all Elbow-ed out - do you like them?
Star you have been busy! Nice pic!
Prof Don't think there could be another Ruby other than you honey. The orginal and best!
Simply enjoy your last day at work!
scatty photos in album - been on my to do list for about 5 years! grin
swan grin at your aunt's hyphen thesis. Does she have a double-barrelled surname! grin
hello to everyone

Well, I managed with just a lump in my throat this morning. It was hard to be upset when DS was just SO excited. First in the queue to go in and jumping around with glee and joy. It was hard arriving home from toddler group and not picking him up. (You all know that my house looks out on the school at the front, don't you?! It's me, road, school!) DD is asleep and the house is so quiet, but then again I am thinking that it will be 3 pm very soon and I haven't done much at all in the way of jobs and it will be picking up time! It certainly goes quickly, doesn't it!

wendyhappysmile Tue 08-Sep-09 13:45:21

Where's galen btw? Have I missed something, is she ok?

scattyspice Tue 08-Sep-09 14:13:23

Back again.

simply sounds like a good lifestyle change smile.
grouchy have a good night out smile.
leo poor ds. It sounds quite difficult for him sad.
star georgeous boy smile, looks very smart!
ActingNormal The 1/2 day thing is a bit tricky isn't it?
prof Of course Ruby is you (I still think of you as Ruby and teamonster as Madhouse, I'm not good with change).
MC the first days back have caught us all out lol.
wendy hope ds has a good 1st day. Living opposite school sounds ideal smile. Galen seems to be missing in action. I know she had a lot happening. I hope she is ok.

Today:
ds to school done
house bleugh - dusting to do
dd to school done
banking *to do*
photos in album done
collect dc
whats for tea?? pasta
ds to gymnastics (I think).

Had a busy morning baking and sticking photos in album with dd. Photos in album has only come about because I had to unpack the book case for fireplace fitting. All the photos and empty albums were stuffed in bookcase blush. Now have family album and 1 each for DS and DD smile.

BBL

grouchyoscar Tue 08-Sep-09 14:16:05

I've done the home blessing and completed my admin list. Other than that, I've done very little. I'm a bit bored but I'm rested

Got to collect GOjr in half an hour so I'll read the new IKEA cataloge that's been sent through the letterbox hmm

wendyhappysmile Tue 08-Sep-09 14:39:19

Wish I had an Ikea catalogue! I need a trip.
scatty I am envy at your albums, would need to print out lots of photos, ours are all just on the PC/CD
Right, need to crack on again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now