Talk

Advanced search

how to get the vomit smell out of my most expensive leather handbag!

(4 Posts)
SaucyMoo Mon 07-Sep-09 13:42:07

so dd1 aged 14 months threw up on my gorgeous Karen millen bag...its beige leather with patent black patches..anyway i cleaned with baby wipes at the time (we were at someones house!) and have left it outside for a few hours everyday and the smell is less than before but if you sniff it closely it still stinks...anybody got a good cleaning tip? its got all this stitching and the vomit got into the stitching-gross!

Twinsmommy Mon 07-Sep-09 14:57:19

How about cleaning the stitching with a spare, dry, firm, tooth brush. Will brush out all the dried bits without, hopefully, damaging the leather. Then perhaps it might smell better.

thehairybabysmum Mon 07-Sep-09 15:13:17

Bicarb of soda, see my thread here

worked a treat and immediately there was no smell. I just mixed some wiht water and sponged it on.

I feel your pain...my lunchtub leaked into my lovely new handbag 3 weeks ago.....fish stew. Worse than sick smell almost...anyway 3 weeks later the smell has gone despite me not having got round to doing anything about it.

SaucyMoo Tue 08-Sep-09 16:57:11

thats fab, will try cleaning it by putting bicarbonate of soda on a toothbrush..thanks guys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now