Talk

Advanced search

Humour me and give me your ideas please

(6 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 13:46:53

My youngest starts school tomorrow sadshock and I am determined to get more organised and have the house running better than it does now. There never seems to be enough time but I think it is me MNting too much not using what time I have properly and I always forget to do certain jobs.

I work well with lists and routines and are thinking of doing a daily list for what I need to do every day to get on top of things and hopefully be able to reclaim my Fridays as fun days for me while the kids are at school.

DS2 is only doing mornings until January so I will have a couple of hours in the morning and maybe 1 3/4 hours if he carries on napping after lunch for a while.

TIA.

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 13:52:57

I like a list where I do certain jobs on certain days. So hoover whole house one day, proper clean of bathrooms one day, change beds one day etc. Then every night I do the quick flick round floors/loos etc etc.

(not that i do this atm but i should)

the other think i've done in the past is have a room per week that i'll "deep clean" so skirting boards, proper hoover behind furniture etc etc.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 14:40:10

That is what I need to do but it seems like I will spend all my time cleaning.

NaughtyAlice Wed 09-Sep-09 12:45:48

I have a list stuck to a cupboard in the kitchen that i have split into days and then list what i need to do on those days. This includes anything like toddler group as well, so on those days i give myself slightly less to do. For example:

Monday
Sweep stairs
Sweep and mop hall
Sweep and mop kitchen

Tuesday
Babybounce 10-10.30
Dust downstairs
Hoover living room

Etc.......

I don't always stick to it, but if i find myself sat in a messy house and not sure where to start i find it helps to get me organised a bit. I am also on the slatterns thread which helps keep me motivated as it is a bit like social housework grin

I hope this helps at all

chocolateorange Wed 09-Sep-09 12:53:21

I did this when my youngest went to school:

for the first week i dedicated the whole day to one room. Total clear out, when I was doing the kitchen i took everything out of the cupboards, cleaned and rearranged things. When it was the bedrooms, I went through the wardrobes clearing out the crap.

It wasn't such a mountain if i contained it to one room at a time and it made cleaning so much easier after this had been done.

Now i can do the whole house, top to bottom, in a (school)day. i have a small 3 bed.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 09-Sep-09 12:53:57

Thank you.

When I get time, I will write job lists. grin

Busy week already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now