Talk

Advanced search

Do you get judge other people's houses?

(5 Posts)
Ema09 Fri 04-Sep-09 19:38:03

I've been reading the school-gates fashion thread hmm

What I am most concerned about is our House! inviting new Mums over (hopefully making new friends at the school gates)even just DC inviting new friends over and Mums collecting. Decor. etc. We haven't yet got round to decorating (needs a refurb!) and the House and our furniture is very dated! It'll be quite sometime (if ever) before it's how we'd really like it. We of course enjoy living here but it's not curtains, carpet, even furniture,let alone fittings we'd choose and I do think without meaning to you can judge. We also have pets so it's not a clean, pristine house either! It sounds silly but I've been reluctant for neighbours to see the inside of our house! blush

AngryWasp Fri 04-Sep-09 19:40:09

I don't think I judge, but I feel much more comfortable in a house with a pile of washing up in the sink and a bit of clutter.

Anything else and I'm scared to accept a biscuit!

Smithagain Sat 05-Sep-09 21:23:40

The nicest house I've visited recently was the one where my friend had forgotten I was coming and still had heaps of dirty washing up, toys everywhere and nothing in the fridge for lunch. It felt like a home. Unlike a couple of my other friends whose houses make me feel rather inadequate due to their extreme cleanliness, tastefulness and shininess. Both lovely people, but I do worry about what they think of us with our half-decorated clutter heap of a home!

So in summary - no I wouldn't remotely judge you on the tastefulness of your decor. Only the warmth of your welcome. (Was that cheesy enough? grin)

ChasingSquirrels Sat 05-Sep-09 21:25:28

no, I barely notice them.

Pyrocanthus Sat 05-Sep-09 21:35:18

I'm not really in a position to...

Where's the school gates fashion thread, I could do with a laugh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now